Re: 2024 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:14 pm Can you imagine having the hottest goalie in the league and then saying... I'm on a five year arc. FUCK YOUR ARC!!!
For me, I think the team is on the Robert Thomas timeline. He'll be 25 next season and while they're not going to contend this year, there's no reason to waste his prime. No matter what happens at this deadline, this HAS to be the summer they address the blueline in a meaningful way. They don't have to be a Cup contender next season, but in my opinion they have to be headed back upward instead of the last two seasons downward/treading water arc. Even if Buch isn't around next year, they'll be better next season if they can re-form the D corps....at least I think they will.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

This might be 'jumping the gun' a bit on any potential deals that may or may not materialize through tomorrow, but would people be OK with the Blues retaining some salary in any deals if it meant more and/or better draft picks coming back?

IMHO, as long as it's a 3rd rounder or earlier, I think I'd be OK with it. A 4th round or later and I think I'd rather have the extra cap space.

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:52 pm This might be 'jumping the gun' a bit on any potential deals that may or may not materialize through tomorrow, but would people be OK with the Blues retaining some salary in any deals if it meant more and/or better draft picks coming back?

IMHO, as long as it's a 3rd rounder or earlier, I think I'd be OK with it. A 4th round or later and I think I'd rather have the extra cap space.
Thomas, Buchnevich, Parayko and Binnington would be the only players I would be unwilling to trade tomorrow.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:37 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:52 pm This might be 'jumping the gun' a bit on any potential deals that may or may not materialize through tomorrow, but would people be OK with the Blues retaining some salary in any deals if it meant more and/or better draft picks coming back?

Thomas, Buchnevich, Parayko and Binnington would be the only players I would be unwilling to trade tomorrow.
I'd throw neighbours in there too but yes
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:26 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:37 pm

I'd throw neighbours in there too but yes
Him TOO!

Here are the Blues names I've heard either in actual reporting or wild ass speculation:
Buchnevich
Scandella
Leddy
Krug
Parayko
Kapanen
Kyrou

How many of those guys are going to be around for a local fish fry* tonight? The chalk take is probably Scandella, Kapanen and Buch. I'm guessing they all go in 2 trades.

*Obviously none of these finely tuned athletes will be touching the fried fish and will insist on a grilled salmon.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:34 am Here are the Blues names I've heard either in actual reporting or wild ass speculation:
Buchnevich
Scandella
Leddy
Krug
Parayko
Kapanen
Kyrou

How many of those guys are going to be around for a local fish fry* tonight? The chalk take is probably Scandella, Kapanen and Buch. I'm guessing they all go in 2 trades.

*Obviously none of these finely tuned athletes will be touching the fried fish and will insist on a grilled salmon.
Tradecentre hasn't mentioned Buch at all and don't even have him on their trade target rankings from what I've seen.

You take whatever you can get for Scanella at this point. Not sure Kapanen will interest anyone.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:50 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:34 am Here are the Blues names I've heard either in actual reporting or wild ass speculation:
Buchnevich
Scandella
Leddy
Krug
Parayko
Kapanen
Kyrou

Tradecentre hasn't mentioned Buch at all and don't even have him on their trade target rankings from what I've seen.

You take whatever you can get for Scanella at this point. Not sure Kapanen will interest anyone.
I'm assuming with D prices you can at least get a mid round pick for Scandella. Kapanen...whatever.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:04 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:50 am
Buchnevich
Scandella
Leddy
Krug
Parayko
Kapanen
Kyrou

I'm assuming with D prices you can at least get a mid round pick for Scandella. Kapanen...whatever.
Yeah, I'd be happy with a 4th this year or a 3rd next year. But the real winner is opening up the spot to allow Kessell more ice time because he's going to be a part of this D next year and Scandella won't be.
Just a Russian propaganda account