Re: GDT: Blues vs Isles - 7:00 2/22

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:00 pmWasn't perunovich put on the IR just 3 days ago?

Rather have him, than not, but still
Scotty's return is NOT a miraclle cure. His IR assignment was never anything more than a salary cap dodge. Nobody should expect anything more than he's already shown for the Blues. Another example of The Haunting of Hobey.

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:47 pm I'm trying to figure out why he's up,is it to showcase him for the trade deadline, do they really think he can make an offensive difference,or are they giving up on the year and giving the young man accustomed to nhl speed. Time will tell, his #s in the ahl aren't really that good.
Agreed. His qmjhl numbers were great, ahl not so good. Maybe a package deal of here's bolduc and x to get rid of x for a pick?

It is an odd time to bring him up....
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

BlueinNy wrote: I'm trying to figure out why he's up,is it to showcase him for the trade deadline, do they really think he can make an offensive difference,or are they giving up on the year and giving the young man accustomed to nhl speed. Time will tell, his #s in the ahl aren't really that good.
This team absolutely sucks 5-5. Blais hasn't scored 5-5 in over 40 games. They brought him up to hopefully do something, ANYTHING offensively cause they haven't gotten it out of their bottom 9.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:47 pm I'm trying to figure out why he's up,is it to showcase him for the trade deadline, do they really think he can make an offensive difference,or are they giving up on the year and giving the young man accustomed to nhl speed. Time will tell, his #s in the ahl aren't really that good.
There's talk that some teams are calling Armstrong about Buchnevich, even though the Blues insist they aren't actively shopping him. If they DO get 'blown away' by an offer, I'm sure they'd like to know what they've got in Bolduc to take up some of the slack that would be left if Buch departs.

While I think they'd love to keep him, he is going to be an UFA and over 30 after next season, and likely to command $7-8 mil over 7 years or so, which it's unlikely the Blues would be willing to pay. Also, if Bolduc, Snuggerud, Dvorsky, and/or possibly Dean are ready for full-time roles by 2025-26, there would need to be room for them to play.

The kind of return Buch might fetch this season sounds like a 1st round pick, a top prospect, AND a current NHLer. After Jake Guentzel (Who's currently on IR), Buchnevich would likely be one of the top forwards available, especially with another year left on his contract. That's certainly a deal to consider.

And while I've typed this out, Buchy has scored two goals. Wow!