Re: GDT: Blues vs. Sabres, 12PM CST, Feb 10, 2024

I like to see the win, but we still have a lot of work to do. Buffalo is just a shade above a lottery-pick team (They'd draft at #6 right now), and they DOMINATED us in the 2nd period. They outshot us 34-26 and won 55.9% of faceoffs. If it weren't for Hofer saving 33 of 34 shots (.971 SV%) we could easily have lost this one.

Still, it's a good sign that we're winning the games we're SUPPOSED to win (Being shut-out by Columbus notwithstanding), and stealing some games against top teams (Vancouver). I still think this is a solid wild-card team that could steal a round in the playoffs.

Re: GDT: Blues vs. Sabres, 12PM CST, Feb 10, 2024

RAFritchey wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:55 pm I like to see the win, but we still have a lot of work to do. Buffalo is just a shade above a lottery-pick team (They'd draft at #6 right now), and they DOMINATED us in the 2nd period. They outshot us 34-26 and won 55.9% of faceoffs. If it weren't for Hofer saving 33 of 34 shots (.971 SV%) we could easily have lost this one. ...
This is hockey, man. You can ALWAYS blame 2nd period letdowns on "the long change."