Re: Blues 2023-2024 season thread

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:45 amBride and I will see Springfield in utica tonight, im kinda excited to see Gaudette,Rosen, Bitten and the boys. Looking at Gaudettes #s I'm not really sure why Vrana is up and he's not. Even if someone has to play an off side his stats shine.
Safe travels from & back to your home. In your spare time during play, keep an eye out for a St. Louis-born kid skating for the Utica Comets: #61 RW Chase Stillman. The last name should be familiar to Blues fans.
Last edited by JMC-STL on Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:45 am Bride and I will see Springfield in utica tonight, im kinda excited to see Gaudette,Rosen, Bitten and the boys. Looking at Gaudettes #s I'm not really sure why Vrana is up and he's not. Even if someone has to play an off side his stats shine.
That will be a fun outing! Bolduc has started to figure things out there so hopefully he puts on a show for you and you also get to see Zherenko in goal.
Just a Russian propaganda account

big d note wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:03 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:07 am Tory Krug is worse than Eric Brewer
His Power Play Points per Game are just dropping like a rock.

Krug PPP.png
The PP has improved since Perunovich has been getting more minutes on it. Not sure what Krug brings to the team at this point, he showed signs of life early in the season. He and Faulk were playing decent together but he's nose dived since.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:08 am

Krug PPP.png
The PP has improved since Perunovich has been getting more minutes on it. Not sure what Krug brings to the team at this point, he showed signs of life early in the season. He and Faulk were playing decent together but he's nose dived since.
Sadly his speed has regressed as well
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:05 am We think about how the Blues are in the thick of the playoff hunt right now, and in a way they are but funny enough if the season ended today(it doesn't) the Blues would pick higher than they did last year and are projected to finish with only a couple more points than they did last season.
I dont think they are in a playoff race, or they would be able to manufacture a win at home against teams like Philly.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:20 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:05 am We think about how the Blues are in the thick of the playoff hunt right now, and in a way they are but funny enough if the season ended today(it doesn't) the Blues would pick higher than they did last year and are projected to finish with only a couple more points than they did last season.
I dont think they are in a playoff race, or they would be able to manufacture a win at home against teams like Philly.
Philly is actually surprisingly good this year. They're a top-5 team in the East, and top 2-3 in the Metro. And that's with a PP% that's even worse than ours now (they're currently last in the league at 12.2%)!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:08 am

Krug PPP.png
The first season he was here Faulk and Krug were decent enough but it's been a nightmare ever since.

They talked about the Krug Kessel combo on the radio the other night and they had very good numbers. But Krug Faulk, my God. So bad.

Yeah we aren't.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:22 pm
Yeah we aren't.
It would take two eleven game winning streaks

BluesSK wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:50 pm I've read that 95 points is kind of the measuring stick of whether a team will make the playoffs. You can get in with less but it's not a sure thing.

The Blues have 44 points in 42 games. With 40 games left they would need to go 25-14-1 to hit 95. I just don't see it happening.
They have looked like an 85-90 point team since training camp. Can't say they're underachieving I guess.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: I've read that 95 points is kind of the measuring stick of whether a team will make the playoffs. You can get in with less but it's not a sure thing.

The Blues have 44 points in 42 games. With 40 games left they would need to go 25-14-1 to hit 95. I just don't see it happening.
That isn't an earth shattering pace. If they win 6 out of 10 in every 10 game stretch the rest of the way, that puts them at 92 points and in the hunt.

Maybe Kyrou gets hot. Maybe somebody gets hot. I heard Snuggles might join the team here. Suppose he's a spark?

None of the teams the Blues are competing with for the 2nd Wild Card spot are great teams. They're all flawed.

We fit in nicely - ha

BillP. wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:05 pm
BluesSK wrote: I've read that 95 points is kind of the measuring stick of whether a team will make the playoffs. You can get in with less but it's not a sure thing.

That isn't an earth shattering pace. If they win 6 out of 10 in every 10 game stretch the rest of the way, that puts them at 92 points and in the hunt.

Maybe Kyrou gets hot. Maybe somebody gets hot. I heard Snuggles might join the team here. Suppose he's a spark?

None of the teams the Blues are competing with for the 2nd Wild Card spot are great teams. They're all flawed.

We fit in nicely - ha
Snuggerud wouldn't get here until around the last week of the season. I agree that none of the teams that are in the race are that good, but there are a lot of them and the Blues aren't that good either. It could happen, but I don't expect it.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:13 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:02 pm So he wasn’t fired but demoted technically.

Hah! He's still on the payroll so why not?
Exactly, he's still being paid, and staying as plugged in as possible will only help him with interviews this summer. Plus who doesn't like getting out of the house on the company dime once in a while.

My guesses of who gets traded at deadline: buchnevich and scandella (no guesses on returns) with a possible kapanen and/or hayes

Off-season I see krug and possibly faulk with the selling point being "you'd like a cup, we're 5 yrs away and You're not getting sny younger"
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!