Re: GDT: Kyrou's Culture Club vs. Senators 12/14 @ 7:00pm

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:38 pm We've seen many veterans players dodge interviews after rough nights. Tremendous stick taps for Kyrou doing this interview tonight.
Man, I have some bad news for him. This didn’t seem like some calculated act, seemed genuine, but crying about it in an interview isn’t going to win hearts and minds of Blues fans, kiddo. Also, interesting that he kept avoiding the question of whether his teammates said anything to him about it. Either someone did and he’s keeping it in the room, or no one actually did and they’re shunning him a bit. Deep thoughts.

Any chance Kyrou understands that his "no comment" is not the only reason he's getting booed? Dumb comments like that are typically head scratchers. .... Dumb comments made by players who have been playing like he plays kind of piss people off.... Dumb comments made by players who play like he plays for $8m a year on a weak team that's less than 5 years removed from a Cup enrage fans. Dude needs to grow up.

T.C. wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:42 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:38 pm We've seen many veterans players dodge interviews after rough nights. Tremendous stick taps for Kyrou doing this interview tonight.
Man, I have some bad news for him. This didn’t seem like some calculated act, seemed genuine, but crying about it in an interview isn’t going to win hearts and minds of Blues fans, kiddo. Also, interesting that he kept avoiding the question of whether his teammates said anything to him about it. Either someone did and he’s keeping it in the room, or no one actually did and they’re shunning him a bit. Deep thoughts.
He's young, I think we as fans sometimes lose that perspective, obviously(a word used too much in hockey) he feels the pressure of that huge unrequited contract that Doug strapped around his neck. All players handle stress differently, but he signed it now he's gotta produce on a middle of the pack team that might make the dance or might not. It's now time for those veterans on the team to step up and guide him to where he needs to be mentally. Before we trade him for picks at the deadline. Or I could be wrong.

insideout wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:11 am Any chance Kyrou understands that his "no comment" is not the only reason he's getting booed? Dumb comments like that are typically head scratchers. .... Dumb comments made by players who have been playing like he plays kind of piss people off.... Dumb comments made by players who play like he plays for $8m a year on a weak team that's less than 5 years removed from a Cup enrage fans. Dude needs to grow up.
You're right about all that, but I don't think he gets booed without the comments about Berube. I could be wrong, but I think he'll be met with loud cheers next game. Crowd gave him a necessary and deserved kick in the ass, but after repentance comes the pat on the back.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:22 am
insideout wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:11 am Any chance Kyrou understands that his "no comment" is not the only reason he's getting booed? Dumb comments like that are typically head scratchers. .... Dumb comments made by players who have been playing like he plays kind of piss people off.... Dumb comments made by players who play like he plays for $8m a year on a weak team that's less than 5 years removed from a Cup enrage fans. Dude needs to grow up.
You're right about all that, but I don't think he gets booed without the comments about Berube. I could be wrong, but I think he'll be met with loud cheers next game. Crowd gave him a necessary and deserved kick in the ass, but after repentance comes the pat on the back.
I hope you're right, dude seems fragile as fuck.

T.C. wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:56 am
I don't think he's fragile. I think he just cares. Sure beats an emotionless player or the one who is laughing on the bench down 4. I also think JR didn't do him any favors by tweeting one line from him with no other context. Glad he got to explain himself better. Hopefully he and the fans can both get over it.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Indeed. This season has certainly become a lot more interesting and memorable this week.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 9:16 am

I don't think he's fragile. I think he just cares. Sure beats an emotionless player or the one who is laughing on the bench down 4. I also think JR didn't do him any favors by tweeting one line from him with no other context. Glad he got to explain himself better. Hopefully he and the fans can both get over it.
i'm with you. and fuck all these reporters for twisting the knife the moment they sensed blood from him. fuck all those whores to death.

T.C. wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:56 am

i'm with you. and fuck all these reporters for twisting the knife the moment they sensed blood from him. fuck all those whores to death.
I don't care if he blubbers and sobs uncontrolably with a big-ass snot bubble pressed up against the mic as he pisses his jock..... Just score some goals and stop making bone-headed plays that result in chances for the other team.

Kyrou has the tools to be a perennial 40+ goal scorer… that’s why he got that monster contract after a 30+ goal season. Athletes are paid for their potential, not what they did in the past. No one really bitched about it at the time, only after he shit bed night after night. All contracts are based on where the team was at on the day they were signed… would Army rather have a big tough defender rather than say a Leddy.. would he rather have been able to keep Petro over a Krug… I think so… After your team wins The Cup, everybody (who can) wants to capitalize on that… and when you are already up against the cap, sometimes you have to watch players walk away from your team… it sucks, but it’s life in the cap era. There’s no sentimental value, or hometown discounts, unless a guy really likes your city. Players are mercenaries, plain and simple… and a GM has to do what he can with what he has, and what’s on the market . Kyrou has the tools to be much better, but he needs to bring his toolbox to work every day, not every third or fourth day. These players can be much better… Chief was tasked to get their full potential out of them … it wasn’t happening so Army made the move. In my humble opinion, he had no choice. This debacle lies at the feet of the players mostly… they win impressively one night, and shoot craps the following night against the same team. I hope this turns them around, but having listened to Binner, there’s some that are unhappy wearing the Note. I hope Army weeds them out…

insideout wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:35 am

I don't care if he blubbers and sobs uncontrolably with a big-ass snot bubble pressed up against the mic as he pisses his jock..... Just score some goals and stop making bone-headed plays that result in chances for the other team.
That'd be a great way for him to get the fans back on his side.

FWIW, JR said in his Athletic column that he realizes now he shouldn’t have put that quote on Twitter like he did without any context and feels bad about how this all unfolded. So hopefully all parties involved here move on and Kyrou scores a bunch of goals the rest of the year.

I'm with you. and fuck all these reporters for twisting the knife the moment they sensed blood from him. fuck all those whores to death.
Rutheford seems to be a click-chaser these days. In any case, whether-or-not he was trying to "infer" (without saying so) that Kyrou's "no comment" had a certain (controversial) tone, it is unprofessional for a journalist/reporter to refer to interview statements totally isolated from their contexts.

In the immortal words of Sgt. Hartman: “Well….no shit.”

Worst part about it is it just feeds JR’s ego, seeing in real life that he has the power to influence an entire arena full of people and/or an entire fan base. Which I find absolutely baffling. Who the fuck believes clickbaity headlines the read on the internet? Apparently a great percentage of Blues fans, at the very least. Probably a greater percentage than the amount of people that weep over people’s reaction to clickbaity headlines rather than get pissed at the author and show that. No accountability. Tsk tsk.

Pronger on getting booed as a player after "not being shanahan"

“Getting booed, you’ve got to put your big-boy pants on. You’re getting paid a lot of money to produce, and you’re getting paid to win. When you don’t, and you’re not performing up to the level that’s expected, emotions are a big part of it — from the fans to ownership, management, coaches, media, all the way down. So it can get a little contentious at times, but in today’s environment, the page is going to be turned and they’re going to go to a new story. It may play out in St. Louis for a couple more days, but NHL Network is going to go to ‘so and so got hurt.’ They’re always going to go on to the next story.”

Full story: https://theathletic.com/5138044/2023/12 ... ars/?amp=1
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:06 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:15 am I think Rutherford owes Kyrou a personal apology (and maybe he has).

That was piss poor journalism.
I think he owes him a public apology… after all he did go public with his twisted story.
Well, he did write that article where he gave an "Oops, my bad" kind of an explanation but that's not an apology in my view.

What I mean by a personal apology is where he talks to Kyrou and says "Look. I messed up and I'm really sorry to have put you through that. "

Until that happens he really shouldn't be around the Blues. If I was a player at least that's how I would feel.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:08 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:15 am I think Rutherford owes Kyrou a personal apology (and maybe he has).

That was piss poor journalism.
I think he owes him a public apology… after all he did go public with his twisted story.
Well, he did write that article where he gave an "Oops, my bad" kind of an explanation but that's not an apology in my view.

What I mean by a personal apology is where he talks to Kyrou and says "Look. I messed up and I'm really sorry to have put you through that. "

Until that happens he really shouldn't be around the Blues. If I was a player at least that's how I would feel.
That’s why I said what I said earlier, as team captain, Schenn should kick JR out of the locker room until he publicly makes things right with Kyrou and the team. No one should talk to JR until he does.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:24 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:08 am

That’s why I said what I said earlier, as team captain, Schenn should kick JR out of the locker room until he publicly makes things right with Kyrou and the team. No one should talk to JR until he does.
Yeah. I agree.