Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:42 am Looks like there may be another former Blue d-man that is improving after leaving the Blues system. Mikkola has 10 points in 25 games and is playing at a +9 clip for Florida while seeing his ice time go up and up. Now playing around 20 a game. He always had the size to play in this league, looks like Florida is untapping the potential in him.

You could start a pretty decent D group with Dunn, Walman, and Mikkola as your three LHD. It's okay though, we have Nick Leddy. :lol:
Calle Rosen has 13 assists in 21 games since leaving to join the Springfield Thunderbirds.

Does that count

The STL teams have had a poor run of retaining the right developing talents in recent years. Hopefully the current next generation of Blues changes that. Most of whom aren't to Springfield yet.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:42 am Looks like there may be another former Blue d-man that is improving after leaving the Blues system. Mikkola has 10 points in 25 games and is playing at a +9 clip for Florida while seeing his ice time go up and up. Now playing around 20 a game. He always had the size to play in this league, looks like Florida is untapping the potential in him.

You could start a pretty decent D group with Dunn, Walman, and Mikkola as your three LHD. It's okay though, we have Nick Leddy. :lol:
Stop it, there's enough things out there making me sad already.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

What a blunder acquiring Leddy was. Losing Dunn was unavoidable but it sucks bailing on those other guys.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:33 am This is gross and sounds like no suspension

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports ... 853075007/
That’s crazy behavior. What, is he in pee-wees here, throwing a tantrum? I believe it was accidental - meaning, I don’t think he intended to his Lauzon that way - but it only happened because he was mad and just wanted to fire the puck at the other end of the ice in frustration. You’re a goddamn professional athlete. I mean, be pissed, but there are other ways to deal with it. He owes Lauzon some compensation directly here. He’d better take care of shit or the next time these teams meet shouldn’t be pretty.

Here’s the vid for anyone not clicking links:

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:29 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:07 amI guess better Watson takes his frustration out on the ice rather than his girl back home at least. Progress.
@DPW ... Not saying the two incidents don't stem from a shared problem, but NOT COOL to bring up Watson's past in this situation. :?:
Never a wrong time to remind people he beats women and is an all around POS. He's prone to slapping things.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:40 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:07 amI guess better Watson takes his frustration out on the ice rather than his girl back home at least. Progress.
@DPW ... Not saying the two incidents don't stem from a shared problem, but NOT COOL to bring up Watson's past in this situation. :?:
Never a wrong time to remind people he beats women and is an all around POS. He's prone to slapping things.
And you're prone to reacting like a typical hockey fan. Both need lifetime management ... https://www.tampabay.com/sports/lightni ... predators/

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:41 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:40 am
And you're prone to reacting like a typical hockey fan. Both need lifetime management ... https://www.tampabay.com/sports/lightni ... predators/
The woman beater defender has logged on. Plenty of people get anxiety or drunk and don't beat their spouse on multiple occasions. Glad he's overcome them, but not a good guy.

Super weird hill for you to die on but by all means, be my guest.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:37 pm I am unsure how Larkin went out cold and laid like a dead body on the ice from the hit, but either way Perron gets a 6 game suspension for cross checking in retaliation.

I get DP wanting to do something, but x-checking the guy that’s calling for medical attention just because he’s standing near the body is pretty dumb. Still, if i’m a wings fan, i’d take it. Of course, i wouldn’t be alive once I realized I was a wings fan, so this is irrelevant.