Re: BNF Suite Night thread

Ozzies09tc wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:55 pm Sat jan 20th vs capitals...maybe we see a record broken? (Not most goals of all time obviously but god knows what other record ovi will break)
I like this idea more than April 14th. I'm just worried the Kracken game in April might be a lot more expensive being it's the last regular season home game.

I'd also like to suggest Sat Nov 4th vs the Habs as another option.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

OK people, here's pricing on the suggested dates:

11/4 Pricing: $180 per ticket
1/20 Pricing: $205 per ticket
4/14 Pricing: $180 per ticket

NEW FOOD & BEVERAGE POLICY - READ THIS
NOTHING is included anymore. We can decided on a package in advance at a preferred rate or order catering ala carte through Levy Restaurants in advance or night of the game. I'm attaching the packages. Looking at it, in order to get what we used to get, looks like we'd have to add the "Rookie" food package and "Silver" beverage package at $25/ea, adding $50 to the ticket price per person. We can of course go up from there, but this means a pretty substantial increase in price, as $180 tickets used to include both of these.

Given all of this, if enough people are interested (need 10 people minimum, with my 2), we need to decide on a date and packages to get it reserved. For me personally, I'd really prefer to do next calendar year, so November's out.

I think I'm actually going to have to back out. My employment situation isn't as stable as it was just a week or two ago, so I don't want to make any promises now that I'll have to back out of later. But I'll be watching on my big screen from home.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

T.C. wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:54 am Yeah, prices going up effectively $50/ticket (for the 400 level) while simultaneously being unable to watch games at home is pretty fucking infuriating.

Is anyone still in at this rate?
I am in and will likely account for 4-5 tickets... the likely being... the 4 or 5.

T.C. wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:54 am Yeah, prices going up effectively $50/ticket (for the 400 level) while simultaneously being unable to watch games at home is pretty fucking infuriating.

Is anyone still in at this rate?
Y'all need to come to The Dark Side of Hockey with The JMCs. The biggest financial worry we have for the 2023-24 season is whether there will be any Buy One-Get One tickets left at center ice for $20 per pair when we get to Lincoln, Nebraska in early October. Maybe we'll see one or two Blues prospects on the ice that weekend. I will report on any future prospects who might drive up NHL ticket prices even more.

Yes, the consensus is, not enough people want to spend this kind of money. Need four more people. Or, the 8 that are going can just increase their ticket price by $125 to cover those spots. Speaking for myself, I’m absolutely not going to spend $375 per ticket (before parking) to go to a Blues game. The whole point is to bring people from the forum together, not a couple people from the forum and their five other friends. At this point, you, me, Ozzie, and all your friends can just decide to go to a bar for free and watch a game since no one else is interested. I recommend Roper’s Regal Beagle in Godfrey. :)

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:22 am $375 kind of defeats the whole thing. Ill put the word out and see if I can't come up with five more. The whole point is getting a sweet deal and seeing a Blues game.
The "sweet deal" for NHL tickets left this Earth after the 2004-05 lockout. It's been nothing but an exponentially increasing pain in the wallet since then. Buy a time machine with your $375 per seat.

With the cost of going to game being what it is these days, I'd rather meet at a local watering hole. We can still enjoy the game as a group and save hundreds of dollars. Sure, it's not the same as going to the game, but it's a much more fiscally possible option for me.

Just my $0.02

stlblues1226 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:25 am With the cost of going to game being what it is these days, I'd rather meet at a local watering hole. We can still enjoy the game as a group and save hundreds of dollars. Sure, it's not the same as going to the game, but it's a much more fiscally possible option for me.

Just my $0.02
I am all for this too. I love suite night... but I'm flexible and would attend both.

I might be more in on a meet-up than paying stupid money to go support a business that works hard to keep me from watching it. For me it would be more like hanging out with y'all than watching the game... the NHL doesn't give a rat's ass if I watch them, or not. There's a bunch of mother-fuckers going to hell over this, I can guarantee you that!

T.C. wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:23 am I recommend Roper’s Regal Beagle in Godfrey. :)
I'd be down for a game like this as well! Let's more forum peeps make it/still feels like a game we go to as we are outta the house shootin the shit and screaming for our blues!
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!