Re: News and Games around the NHL

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:54 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:49 pm If this rumor is true I'm not sure how your contract can be terminated and you can lose $1.4M for having a legal, consensual relationship with Bedard's mom.

Trade him, waive him or buy him out because it's awkward af, but it shouldn't void a contract. The NHLPA is toothless.
There might be a "don't sleep with legally married women" clause in the contract
That's the only reason I'm not a professional athlete because it's banned to bang your teammates moms
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:54 pm Quick, lame disclaimer here that the Mrs. Bedard rumor has been denied by anyone that would actually know and is almost assuredly pure bullshit, but the truth is probably worse and way less funny, so I'm going to continue to roll with it.
I was in the room and watched. I can confirm the rumors are true.

Who are you going to trust? Me or the cover up organization??

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:28 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:54 pm Quick, lame disclaimer here that the Mrs. Bedard rumor has been denied by anyone that would actually know and is almost assuredly pure bullshit, but the truth is probably worse and way less funny, so I'm going to continue to roll with it.

I can't offer any rebuttal. He banged her, folks!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:28 pm

I can't offer any rebuttal. He banged her, folks!
Was Perry just trying to be a father figure to young Bedard?

If he didn't do anything illegal what else could he do that would get him kicked off the team and why keep it under wraps? Patrick Sharp was banging other player's wives/girlfriends and he only got traded. If he did have a relationship with Bedard's mom whose business is it? Are teams interested in signing Perry going to ask the Blackhawks this and do they violate his confidentiality. Basically he is unhireable until facts are known, whether they are public record or not.

I think there is some truth to this rumor. It's a really bad look for the League. The NHL and their media lapdogs are being very tight lipped about this whole incident and are being extremely touchy about it when questioned.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:53 pm
If he didn't do anything illegal what else could he do that would get him kicked off the team and why keep it under wraps? Patrick Sharp was banging other player's wives/girlfriends and he only got traded. If he did have a relationship with Bedard's mom whose business is it? Are teams interested in signing Perry going to ask the Blackhawks this and do they violate his confidentiality. Basically he is unhireable until facts are known, whether they are public record or not.

I think there is some truth to this rumor. It's a really bad look for the League. The NHL and their media lapdogs are being very tight lipped about this whole incident and are being extremely touchy about it when questioned.
There are many things he could have done besides banging Bedard's mom that would get him in trouble. Many other players have gotten put on waivers for off ice stuff. As far as I know, none of them had banged Bedard's mom.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:39 pm

There are many things he could have done besides banging Bedard's mom that would get him in trouble. Many other players have gotten put on waivers for off ice stuff. As far as I know, none of them had banged Bedard's mom.
Such as? They already said it wasn't illegal. If it was drug or alcohol related the League and NHLPA have a substance abuse and mental health program so they can't void his contract for that. Locker room hijinks? The players were unaware of something like that.

What's left? 🤷‍♂️

Banging Connor's mom. That's what. 😆😆😆

BluesSK wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:45 pm

Such as? They already said it wasn't illegal. If it was drug or alcohol related the League and NHLPA have a substance abuse and mental health program so they can't void his contract for that. Locker room hijinks? The players were unaware of something like that.

What's left? 🤷‍♂️

Wouldn't be a worlplace matter. At this point it's only logical to conclude that he banged or tried to bang Bedard himself.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:52 am
BluesSK wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:45 pm

What's left? 🤷‍♂️

Wouldn't be a worlplace matter. At this point it's only logical to conclude that he banged or tried to bang Bedard himself.
Perry becoming Bedard's step father is very much a workplace matter. Conflict of interest, nepotism.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:45 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:09 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:02 amI think the league will mandate them if they can figure out how to put advertising on the neck guard.
HUGE opportunity for Osh's side hustle and his pass-backwards thinking employers to develop & introduce (in about 10 years when they realize they've lost 85% of their audience) a head-to-toe combo advertising projection screen & hockey-strong protective body suit. QUICK, @T.C. - Patent that, and you'll be able to demand full-boat Blues season tickets in a Club-level suite AND free-for-life highest-def-imagineable unlimited streaming privileges!
It's already sold out with orders on backorder

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/washingto ... neck-guard

T.C. wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:01 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:45 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:09 am
HUGE opportunity for Osh's side hustle and his pass-backwards thinking employers to develop & introduce (in about 10 years when they realize they've lost 85% of their audience) a head-to-toe combo advertising projection screen & hockey-strong protective body suit. QUICK, @T.C. - Patent that, and you'll be able to demand full-boat Blues season tickets in a Club-level suite AND free-for-life highest-def-imagineable unlimited streaming privileges!
It's already sold out with orders on backorder

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/washingto ... neck-guard
Just wear chain-mail like the Templars... St Louis was wearing it when he posed for his statue in Forest Park.

Don't look now, but the first quarter underachievers in the West are heating up. Minnesota has won 4 in a row with their new coach, and Edmonton has won 5 in a row by an aggregate score of 27-8. They're still 5 and 6 points out of the second wild card spot respectively, but plenty of runway for them.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:14 am Don't look now, but the first quarter underachievers in the West are heating up. Minnesota has won 4 in a row with their new coach, and Edmonton has won 5 in a row by an aggregate score of 27-8. They're still 5 and 6 points out of the second wild card spot respectively, but plenty of runway for them.
Funny you mention this. Was looking at the standings this morning and thinking how I just don't see a path into the top 3 in the division for the Blues so we're fighting for a wildcard spot and really hard to not see a scenario where Edmonton and the Wild don't storm by the Blues. Not to forget Nashville is playing some damn good hockey right now too. Blues need a good 10 game stretch where they get points in 9 of the 10. Thinking an 8-1-1 stretch. Unfortunately, this team shows no signs of stringing together that many good performances.

Looks like there may be another former Blue d-man that is improving after leaving the Blues system. Mikkola has 10 points in 25 games and is playing at a +9 clip for Florida while seeing his ice time go up and up. Now playing around 20 a game. He always had the size to play in this league, looks like Florida is untapping the potential in him.

You could start a pretty decent D group with Dunn, Walman, and Mikkola as your three LHD. It's okay though, we have Nick Leddy. :lol: