Re: News and Games around the NHL

BluesSK wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:44 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:24 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:39 am 5,000 dollars for a multi millionaire

Where are this guys teammates? Can you imagine if this went down when hockey players were all grisly men instead of a bunch of little pussies?
Holy shit! No kidding. That's as dirty as it gets.
Well, yeah, but was he caught betting money on another sport?
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:18 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:39 am5,000 dollars for a multi millionaire

Where are this guys teammates? Can you imagine if this went down when hockey players were all grisly men instead of a bunch of little pussies?
Where is Steve "Demolition Durby" Durbano when you need him?!
Well, it ain't like his head came off, or something.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:09 am
BluesSK wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:44 am

Holy shit! No kidding. That's as dirty as it gets.
Well, yeah, but was he caught betting money on another sport?
Yeah, but that destroys the integrity of the game. 😆

T.C. wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:25 am Holy fuck. Why not just swing a baseball bat at his head? That should have resulted in a bench-clearing brawl that’s still going on.

That being said, I’m sure Trouba will be remembering that $5k hit for the rest of his life. Frederic needed dental work anyway.
Jacob Trouba feels bad.
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2777717

It would actually have a lot more impact than apologizing and paying the $5K.
I'm glad he wasn't injured. I deserve the fine. Take it and move on.

Some interesting things happening in Chicago these days. There were rumors flying around that Corey Perry went 5 hole on Connor Bedard's mom. Perry then took a leave from the team over the weekend to deal with "personal matters" and now he's suddenly being waived by the Hawks. He's 4th on the team in scoring.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:47 pm Some interesting things happening in Chicago these days. There were rumors flying around that Corey Perry went 5 hole on Connor Bedard's mom. Perry then took a leave from the team over the weekend to deal with "personal matters" and now he's suddenly being waived by the Hawks. He's 4th on the team in scoring.
Please pick him up, ARMY!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:47 pm Some interesting things happening in Chicago these days. There were rumors flying around that Corey Perry went 5 hole on Connor Bedard's mom. Perry then took a leave from the team over the weekend to deal with "personal matters" and now he's suddenly being waived by the Hawks. He's 4th on the team in scoring.
Perry being 4th on the team in scoring is arguably the most concerning part.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:47 pmSome interesting things happening in Chicago these days. There were rumors flying around that Corey Perry went 5 hole on Connor Bedard's mom. Perry then took a leave from the team over the weekend to deal with "personal matters" and now he's suddenly being waived by the Hawks. He's 4th on the team in scoring.
Perhaps Mrs. Bedard deserved a reward for her years of dedication to Connor's hockey development, which included a separation from husband & daughter to play Helicopter Parent in Regina. But it'd be at the very least ironic if Perry got himself a reward that rhymes with that. :?

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:03 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:47 pmSome interesting things happening in Chicago these days. There were rumors flying around that Corey Perry went 5 hole on Connor Bedard's mom. Perry then took a leave from the team over the weekend to deal with "personal matters" and now he's suddenly being waived by the Hawks. He's 4th on the team in scoring.
Please pick him up, ARMY!!!!
But lock up the women-folk first!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:49 pm If this rumor is true I'm not sure how your contract can be terminated and you can lose $1.4M for having a legal, consensual relationship with Bedard's mom.

Trade him, waive him or buy him out because it's awkward af, but it shouldn't void a contract. The NHLPA is toothless.
There might be a "don't sleep with legally married women" clause in the contract
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:54 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:49 pm If this rumor is true I'm not sure how your contract can be terminated and you can lose $1.4M for having a legal, consensual relationship with Bedard's mom.

Trade him, waive him or buy him out because it's awkward af, but it shouldn't void a contract. The NHLPA is toothless.
There might be a "don't sleep with legally married women" clause in the contract
I didn't know the NHL was the Taliban.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:55 pm

Ehh...i mean it could stain the nhl if players sleep with whores...

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:56 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:55 pm

Ehh...i mean it could stain the nhl if players sleep with whores...
Haha. In the old days of the NHL they would have told Bedard to keep his mom at home (I watered down what they actually would have said )