Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Colorado - 8:30 11/1 - TV:TNT

BluesSK wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:50 pm I really thought this team would have more offense and we would be losing games 6-4, 5-4 etc.

I was so wrong.
I didn’t watch the game but I agree, I thought this team would pick up where it left off and just fire away. I’m going to guess coaching is a factor here and it’s trying to make pieces that don’t fit work the way they want them to. And that’s just not going to happen.

BillP wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:35 am
BluesSK wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:50 pm I really thought this team would have more offense and we would be losing games 6-4, 5-4 etc.

I was so wrong.
I didn’t watch the game but I agree, I thought this team would pick up where it left off and just fire away. I’m going to guess coaching is a factor here and it’s trying to make pieces that don’t fit work the way they want them to. And that’s just not going to happen.
I mean it's good that they tried a different approach after last year, right? Problem is it just isn't working. The D definitely looks more stout than last year (though far from perfect). There's just nearly zero offense, and there's no help from the power play, which is last in the league at 4%. Kyrou is getting a chance here or there, but there's very little on the rush. I get it after how last year went, but I just don't think the personnel is there to play the big physical possession game or the high flying rush game. They're caught in the middle. As we've mentioned before, a team struggling to find it's identity. This ain't the year. Oh well.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:43 pm I want to like Tucker but I just don't know if he's got the hockey sense to overcome his lack of foot speed.

If anyone is ever curious what is wrong with the Blues, you can just show them this clip. This is some of the most poor individual defensive effort you'll see from a guy in Tucker here. Truly atrocious.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:43 pm I want to like Tucker but I just don't know if he's got the hockey sense to overcome his lack of foot speed.

If anyone is ever curious what is wrong with the Blues, you can just show them this clip. This is some of the most poor individual defensive effort you'll see from a guy in Tucker here. Truly atrocious.
Have no idea how Tucker didn't get himself in front of the defender to prevent the break in. Colton held back there and was gliding for a couple seconds so WTF did Tucker do? Just glide with him? Guy should of been busting his butt to get back on D.

Dave's a mess wrote:

I was so wrong.
I mean it's good that they tried a different approach after last year, right? Problem is it just isn't working. The D definitely looks more stout than last year (though far from perfect). There's just nearly zero offense, and there's no help from the power play, which is last in the league at 4%. Kyrou is getting a chance here or there, but there's very little on the rush. I get it after how last year went, but I just don't think the personnel is there to play the big physical possession game or the high flying rush game. They're caught in the middle. As we've mentioned before, a team struggling to find it's identity. This ain't the year. Oh well.
Is there a Bedard in this years draft? Blues could be a contender in that department.

BillP. wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:36 am
Dave's a mess wrote:

Is there a Bedard in this years draft? Blues could be a contender in that department.
Probably won't see another Bedard for awhile. Macklin Celebrini is this years prize though. He's in his freshman year at Boston U and has 8 goals in his first 6 games. All indications are he'll be a star two-way number 1 center. Although Cole Eiserman might give him a run for his money if you want a true, can score every time he touches the puck, winger.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:42 am
BillP. wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:36 am
Dave's a mess wrote:

Probably won't see another Bedard for awhile. Macklin Celebrini is this years prize though. He's in his freshman year at Boston U and has 8 goals in his first 6 games. All indications are he'll be a star two-way number 1 center. Although Cole Eiserman might give him a run for his money if you want a true, can score every time he touches the puck, winger.
Sold :lol:

Still sounds pretty good!!