Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:27 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:05 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:13 pm LOLOLOLOL
If any franchise needs a major culture change it's Columbus.

They still seem like an expansion team.
JD and Jarmo suck.
JD is a likeable person and a great schmoozer with the people in the sport but he's a dinosaur.

I always thought Jarmo was really weird. He hit on a few players and really rode the on the coattails of those successes. After that he really did a piss poor job in drafting.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:08 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:27 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:05 pm

If any franchise needs a major culture change it's Columbus.

They still seem like an expansion team.
JD and Jarmo suck.
JD is a likeable person and a great schmoozer with the people in the sport but he's a dinosaur.

I always thought Jarmo was really weird. He hit on a few players and really rode the on the coattails of those successes. After that he really did a piss poor job in drafting.
No one has had such little success yet kept their job for so long like Jarmo. Guys an idiot.

In July, Columbus general manager Jarmo Kekalainen boasted that he personally interviewed multiple people about Babcock, completing an audit that was beyond reproach in his mind.

“I have a big network,” Kekalainen said. “I’ve been doing this for a long time. I talked to people I know who are not only Hall of Fame hockey people but Hall of Fame people, with character. Those conversations are really important to me. They’re trustworthy people who I have a really good relationship with, and all of the feedback from people who have worked with Mike Babcock for years — a lot closer that I got to know him — were positive. Everybody says Mike’s a great coach, but more importantly they said he’s a really good person. That was basically unanimous from everybody I trust that I spoke with.”
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:34 am
Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:26 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:42 amMany key contributors to the Blues Game 7 win being named Captain this week. I Expect the Sanford announcement by Friday:
I remember when Chara left, they pretended to give it to Brad over Bergeron in the dressing room as a practical joke.
Now, it's just a joke.
He's gonna need a refill for those alligator tears.