Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:45 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:44 pm Blues could use some grit and sandpaper

"I will end your bloodline," the suspect allegedly told Scottsdale police."One phone call and you're dead."
Some players grew up idolizing Wayne Gretzky, others grew up idolizing Mike Danton.
That whole situation was fucked w mike and his agent sleeping w him and his 16 yo gf... What a fn nightmare for all involved...
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:38 am
Oates2Hullie450 wrote:Man those Leaf decision makers are something.
Yeah, is the market that bare that they had to hire Van Ryn?
I mean, his names on the Stanley Cup... Maybe that's the only thing they saw on his resume?
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:45 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:38 pm Van Ryn brings cup winning experience to the Leafs.
They should have just signed Zach Sanford
Kind of weird to think that Parayko and Schenn are the only skaters that have still been here since that cup win. Sunny and Blais obviously being two others that left and are now back.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:54 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:45 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:38 pm Van Ryn brings cup winning experience to the Leafs.
They should have just signed Zach Sanford
Kind of weird to think that Parayko and Schenn are the only skaters that have still been here since that cup win. Sunny and Blais obviously being two others that left and are now back.
Thomas? Bortuzzo?

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:02 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:04 pm Dunn deal. Kind of a gamble by Seattle.
That is a super tradeable contract the last 2 years if they need to move it.
We'll see how it plays out but him and Larsson were one of the best pairing in all the league last year. Add to that he'll be in his 20's for the entire contract I think it will be good for the club and player equally.

It's a shame we didn't get to see that development out of him before they left him unprotected.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:25 pm
We'll see how it plays out but him and Larsson were one of the best pairing in all the league last year. Add to that he'll be in his 20's for the entire contract I think it will be good for the club and player equally.

It's a shame we didn't get to see that development out of him before they left him unprotected.
Retrospectively, you go back and leave any of the protected d-men exposed for him. At the time, fighting for consistent minutes on Berube's cup winning blueline it made sense. Blues hockey.

OR leave Barbashev and Sunny unprotected and lose one. Woulda coulda. If memory of the 2015 draft serves, the only one calling Dunn a potential top pair guy this whole time was some Tim character.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:25 pm

Great deal for the team. He had a great year but probably isn't going to quite replicate it production wise. I don't expect him to fall off a cliff, and they'll get his peak and can move on afterwards of they need to.

If Dunn does keep up the production, he'll get one more big payday.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:46 am Just researched, and as much disdain as Krug gets around here from most posters (myself included) Krug was an undrafted player. Gotta say he did well for himself.
It's never personal with him. He's made a hell of a career and living for himself and doesn't seem like a bad guy. It's not his fault Army gave him 7 years.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:42 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:46 am Just researched, and as much disdain as Krug gets around here from most posters (myself included) Krug was an undrafted player. Gotta say he did well for himself.
It's never personal with him. He's made a hell of a career and living for himself and doesn't seem like a bad guy. It's not his fault Army gave him 7 years.
Oh for sure. I wasn't trying to say anyone was talking down about him as a person. I was curious what round he was drafted as to know his "ceiling/consistentcy/basement" and was... largely surprised.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:40 pm
Oh for sure. I wasn't trying to say anyone was talking down about him as a person. I was curious what round he was drafted as to know his "ceiling/consistentcy/basement" and was... largely surprised.
I don't hate him ... i don't know him well enough to hate him... i hate the fact that he's on this team... should have left him exposed and kept Dunn...sure he can qb a power play, but he gets tossed around like a rodeo clown the rest of the time.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:24 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:40 pm

I don't hate him ... i don't know him well enough to hate him... i hate the fact that he's on this team... should have left him exposed and kept Dunn...sure he can qb a power play, but he gets tossed around like a rodeo clown the rest of the time.
We couldn't bc of the glorious NTC handed to him.
He can veto teams to go to (limited or not is moot)
Every gripe we have about this team, is mostly contracts, and it's going to have a scapegoat as the fault