Re: Blues 2022-2023 season thread

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:48 pm I bet we see a return of old friend Sunny D this summer. I can't imagine he'll be super expensive, they need that type of player, and he's been going to MLS games in St. Louis this Spring. We all know Army loves signing players he's already had, and Sundqvist is my pick for this summer's reunion.
Friedman did not credit Dave's a Mess. I'll need him discredited immediately.

...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Blues 2022-2023 season thread

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:03 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:48 pm I bet we see a return of old friend Sunny D this summer. I can't imagine he'll be super expensive, they need that type of player, and he's been going to MLS games in St. Louis this Spring. We all know Army loves signing players he's already had, and Sundqvist is my pick for this summer's reunion.
Friedman did not credit Dave's a Mess. I'll need him discredited immediately.

We need good guys to keep this team together.

Re: Blues 2023-2024 season thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:33 am Well I'm excited the have him back. Great news. Don't love that it likely means pushing Alexandrov out though. Need to give the kids an opportunity and we now have kind of a clog in the bottom 6.
Give me the depth. Last fall we thought the forward depth was incredible, and it really did look that way on paper. By November it looked like garbage. I think he'll still get plenty of opportunity in the lineup, but if everyone is healthy, I'd rather have Alexandrov in a position where he can play everyday in Springfield rather than sit in the press box for extended periods. That's the benefit of a guy like MacMac. He's reached his ceiling and can sit forever and still play the way he's going to play.

The other benefit of extending the bottom end forward depth is that it allows you the opportunity to keep Bolduc and Dean in Springfield in scoring line roles rather than filling in low minute roles in St. Louis due to manpower shortage.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:03 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:00 am Wonder what the $$$ is.

Still gotta sign Toropchenko...
minimum. 775,000. Capfriendly shows 1.5 still available. I'm assuming Torpo gets between 1-1.2
I'm not entirely sure how an arbitration works... What if/could the arbitrator say Toropchenko is worth 1.6/yr making him out of our cap/a UFA?
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:49 am

minimum. 775,000. Capfriendly shows 1.5 still available. I'm assuming Torpo gets between 1-1.2
I'm not entirely sure how an arbitration works... What if/could the arbitrator say Toropchenko is worth 1.6/yr making him out of our cap/a UFA?
Blues say they are willing to pay this amount, Torpo says the amount he wants, arbiter decides what the amount will be. 1.6 million would represent doubling of his salary and I don't think his stats will have warranted that. I haven't heard any numbers are far as what the Blues have offered vs what he's asking though, but I have to go off the assumption there is room in the budget regardless of what is decides as I doubt Dougy would put himself in a position where he's suddenly over the cap.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:33 am Well I'm excited the have him back. Great news. Don't love that it likely means pushing Alexandrov out though. Need to give the kids an opportunity and we now have kind of a clog in the bottom 6.

Depth isn't a bad thing though and worst case it's another potential deadline trade piece.
I think it will just push MacEachearn and Walker down. That's my hope at least.

Alexandrov needs to stay up.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:40 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:02 pm
Dave's a mess wrote:
Decent chance Jake will be somebody else's neighbor next year. He better get off to a good start or else....................
He’s young, but yeah, he’d better start doing shit.
You guys are right. He needs to be more assertive, throw his weight around and own a third line spot.

Have to remember he was taken in 2020 also. IE a draft that if you go back and look at it already, was predictably all over the place with hits and misses after COVID fucked the draft year. The Blues probably went "safe NHLer", and I think he is. I also think he caps as a third liner. The high level scale just isn't there and never really has been with him.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:49 am

I think he'll get exactly $1 million. He hasn't earned $1.6 million.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:33 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:12 am

Always nice when there are no surprises with the new top prospect in the org.
I'll be shocked if he spends more than a season in Sweden.
One full season in The Swedish Elite League (whatever they call it now) and then starting in The AHL in the following season, but coming up to The Blues after no more than 30 games.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:06 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:33 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:12 am

Always nice when there are no surprises with the new top prospect in the org.
I'll be shocked if he spends more than a season in Sweden.
One full season in The Swedish Elite League (whatever they call it now) and then starting in The AHL in the following season, but coming up to The Blues after no more than 30 games.
How does that work. The 1 year in Sweden counts toward the contract? So 2 years left on deal after 1 year in Sweden? If that’s the case, wasn’t aware it worked like that.