Re: News and Games around the NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:52 am According the cap friendly the Red Wings are currently at 52 million cap hit, well below the FLOOR. Potential trade partner for a Blues d-man? Maybe they miss having Nick Leddy around. They also have 3 second round picks all back to back to back. 29 and a d-man for 41?

Sadly I think they're hanging onto those to trade for DeBrincat.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:24 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:17 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:53 pm

Bruins fans seem to think this will lead to them being able to re-sign Bertuzzi now. Sure wish the Blues could find a team willing to take on a contract for nothing.
They will be thrilled when they find out it's Krug.
They can get the whole band back together and bring in Lucic too.
haha OH

Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:29 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:10 pm Good for him! surprised he didn’t test the market at all because it’s a weak FA class and he was a big fish but that’s a good deal.

Too bad. Would definitely loved to have him back at that price. It's a bargain for Vegas
I agree. The 5 year term is good, hard to imagine a team wouldn't have given him more AAV. But hey, if you're happy in a place, 25 million isn't a bad payday to stay there.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:38 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:29 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:10 pm Good for him! surprised he didn’t test the market at all because it’s a weak FA class and he was a big fish but that’s a good deal.

Too bad. Would definitely loved to have him back at that price. It's a bargain for Vegas
I agree. The 5 year term is good, hard to imagine a team wouldn't have given him more AAV. But hey, if you're happy in a place, 25 million isn't a bad payday to stay there.
Yeah, that five year term is very team friendly. It's a great deal for Vegas.

T.C. wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 4:23 pm sad face. was really hoping we'd figure out how to get barbi back. maybe sunny d is still possible.
So was I. But it's tempting to stay with The Stanley Cup winner( with a relatively young roster and forseeable successful future), rather than go to a retooling team in transition (probably for at least 2 more years).