Re: 2023 NHL Draft Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:57 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:10 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:12 pm Would you trade back from 10 to 19 with the Hawks if they agree to take one of Krug or Leddy?
No.
This is why when Army retires and they make me GM, I would never hire you as my assistant GM. Maybe assistant to the GM if you're lucky.
Fine, you hire all your yes men!! I'll get my own team and we'll see if your bad ideas or my bad ideas get our teams to the bottom fastest!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:35 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:57 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:10 pm

No.
This is why when Army retires and they make me GM, I would never hire you as my assistant GM. Maybe assistant to the GM if you're lucky.
Fine, you hire all your yes men!! I'll get my own team and we'll see if your bad ideas or my bad ideas get our teams to the bottom fastest!
No one will ever be able to out tank me!
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:45 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:12 pm Would you trade back from 10 to 19 with the Hawks if they agree to take one of Krug or Leddy?
I wouldn’t. They’re still good hockey players and at some point, provided they stay healthy, will be marketable.
That's the thing with Krug. He's 32, under contract until he's 36 at a cap hit of 6.5 mil with a full NTC and hasn't played more than 64 games in a season since 2017-18. Sure, some of that was due to the pandemic, but given his age and previous injury history, do you think he'll be any more durable over the next 4 seasons?

I don't think Chicago makes this trade. Given the debate over who the 'best players available' are from around 7-8 down to around 20, I'd certainly consider it.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:05 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:15 pm Latest article in the Post Dispatch says Armstrong does not like picking at #10. And they would probably get more out of it picking later.

I still think they would prefer to move up but it is an interesting comment.
He doesn't like picking 10th because it means your team sucked that year.
I think it means he could trade the 10 pick and get the same player we'd get with our later first round picks.

I still think he tries to trade up but if that doesn't work out he's gonna make a move of some sort with #10.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:47 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:15 pm Latest article in the Post Dispatch says Armstrong does not like picking at #10. And they would probably get more out of it picking later.

I still think they would prefer to move up but it is an interesting comment.
I think it means he could trade the 10 pick and get the same player we'd get with our later first round picks.

I still think he tries to trade up but if that doesn't work out he's gonna make a move of some sort with #10.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:00 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:47 pm

I stand corrected. But still stand by my opinion. 😅

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:59 pm His draft position is really going to be determined by the timeline of a team's ability to return to competitiveness.
I can’t see the Coyotes passing on him. By the time he's ready to come over maybe they'll have a place to play and certainly could use a superstar to open a new building or new city.

Matangama wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:38 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:22 am Danielson is gonna be the pick. I’m giving the official NHLTIM 100% guarantee.
That’s who I’m hoping for. But I watched some video of Zach Benson, another guy you have talked about. Damn, that’s a good looking player!
I don't care if a player is attractive...is he skilled??

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:50 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:08 pm Shaugabay drops from 40 to 58...still interested in him but a player moving up quickly on my list is Denver Barkey.
This sounds like what a team names their dog mascot
Who's a good boy? Is it you Shaugabay?

Ladies and Gentlemen, now starting at mascot for the Colorado Avalanche, Denver Barkey!!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:54 am
Matangama wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:38 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:22 am Danielson is gonna be the pick. I’m giving the official NHLTIM 100% guarantee.
That’s who I’m hoping for. But I watched some video of Zach Benson, another guy you have talked about. Damn, that’s a good looking player!
I don't care if a player is attractive...is he skilled??

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd consider it as a tiebreaker. I bet if Schwartz had Fedorov's hair he never would've gotten injured.

I'd be pleased with this haul.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/2023- ... up-edition

10. St. Louis Blues: Nate Danielson, C (Brandon, WHL)
Danielson is a well-rounded forward that commands attention. He’s reliable at both ends of the ice and makes his linemates around him better. Sound good, Blues fans? It should.

25. St. Louis Blues (from Toronto Maple Leafs): Mikhail Gulyayev, D (Omskie, MHL)
Gulyayev had confidence to burn in the MHL this year, looking like a man among kids. He uses the open space to his advantage and is fairly quick in bursts. He’ll bring value as a puck-moving transitional defender. After getting a quality forward early, the Blues will snag a solid defenseman here.

29. St. Louis Blues: Gavin Brindley, C (Michigan, NCAA)
A bit of a stretch? Maybe, but with three first-round picks (for now), I think the Blues could get a home-run pick out of Brindley. If it wasn’t for Fantilli’s exploits with the Wolverines, Brindley’s 38-point freshman season would have received a lot more attention. He’s fast, smart and aggressive for his size, and he gives you his full effort every night. I think there’s a chance they get an absolute hit here.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:46 am Another draft analysis. Not a mock draft.
I like the tables he uses to describe each player. It gives you a much better sense of each prospect's game as opposed to a written blurb, which can sometimes start to feel like reading the same thing over and over.