Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Edmonton - 12/15 8:00 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

insideout wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:59 pm Nice to see Kyrou earning that paycheck. Not only does he collect 3 points, he sets up the game-tying goal by winning a puck battle versus the greatest player on the planet. ...... And then the shootout winner. Well done.
Kyrou played really well tonight. +3! Thomas played well, too. Barbashev seems to be a good complement with them. That gives The Blues 3 good scoring lines. Maybe they're on their way to a decent last season before the re-tooling. I don't mind them not tanking. They can't get low enough to get a super player, anyway.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:19 pm
insideout wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:59 pm Nice to see Kyrou earning that paycheck. Not only does he collect 3 points, he sets up the game-tying goal by winning a puck battle versus the greatest player on the planet. ...... And then the shootout winner. Well done.
Kyrou played really well tonight. +3! Thomas played well, too. Barbashev seems to be a good complement with them. That gives The Blues 3 good scoring lines. Maybe they're on their way to a decent last season before the re-tooling. I don't mind them not tanking. They can't get low enough to get a super player, anyway.
Yes a definite improvement 👍

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:32 am How nice is it to be on the right side of a late goal and a questionable call? I don't even know if questionable is the right term, but you know what I mean. To me this team still kinda stinks, but I will always enjoy these types of wins.
Every so often they pull a rabbit out of the hat but the problem this year is that those rabbits are few and far between. 🐰 🎩

BluesSK wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:49 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:32 am How nice is it to be on the right side of a late goal and a questionable call? I don't even know if questionable is the right term, but you know what I mean. To me this team still kinda stinks, but I will always enjoy these types of wins.
Every so often they pull a rabbit out of the hat but the problem this year is that those rabbits are few and far between. 🐰 🎩
To me the problem is actually that they so rarely have any comfortable wins. I just pulled up their schedule. Here are all of their wins by more than 1 goal:

10/15 CBJ 5-2 First game of year, dogshit opponent
10/22 EDM 2-0 *One empty netter
11/10 SJ 5-3 Dogshit opponent, *empty netter
11/16 CHI 5-2 Hawks suck
11/19 ANA 6-2 Ducks worst team in league.
11/21 ANA 3-1 Ducks blow. Also 1 empty netter*
12/6 NYI 7-4 Don't get too excited, 2 empty netters*

After factoring in empty netters, the Blues have 3 "real" wins by more than a goal this year, and those 3 teams are literally the bottom 3 teams in the league standings as of this morning.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:22 am
To me the problem is actually that they so rarely have any comfortable wins. I just pulled up their schedule. Here are all of their wins by more than 1 goal:

11/16 CHI 5-2 Hawks suck

After factoring in empty netters, the Blues have 3 "real" wins by more than a goal this year, and those 3 teams are literally the bottom 3 teams in the league standings as of this morning.
Those are some depressing numbers. It seems like almost anything good about the team this year stats-wise is just a veneer over some real problems.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:39 am

11/16 CHI 5-2 Hawks suck

Those are some depressing numbers. It seems like almost anything good about the team this year stats-wise is just a veneer over some real problems.
Since pointing this out, the Blues naturally notched 2 in a row. MY POWERS ARE UNLIMITED!!!!!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:20 am
BluesSK wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:39 am

11/16 CHI 5-2 Hawks suck

Since pointing this out, the Blues naturally notched 2 in a row. MY POWERS ARE UNLIMITED!!!!!
This team is Jekyll and Hyde. It's crazy.