Re: GDT: Season Opener - Blues vs Blue Jackets - 7:00 10/15 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

Excellent first game for The Blues, considering they were rusty at the start, and The Jackets had already played 2 games before this one. And playing Seattle will also give them a chance to knock off the rest of the rust without too much danger.
Lots of great play by Tarasenko-Thomas-Buchnevich, and Neighbours-Schenn-Barbashev! The Blues' defence was a little shaky early, but ended up playing well. Same for Binnington. All in all, I'm very satisfied, and encouraged.

NO chance Neighbours will be sent down to The AHL. The 4th Line looked good, as well.

The only drama will be how much Mikkola can improve, whether or not The Blues' defence can stay healthy, and whether or not Brown can replace injured players adequately. There doesn't seem to be any place on The 3rd Line for him. And he shouldn't be replacing Walker on The 4th.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:45 pm Excellent first game for The Blues, considering they were rusty at the start, and The Jackets had already played 2 games before this one. And playing Seattle will also give them a chance to knock off the rest of the rust without too much danger.
Lots of great play by Tarasenko-Thomas-Buchnevich, and Neighbours-Schenn-Barbashev! The Blues' defence was a little shaky early, but ended up playing well. Same for Binnington. All in all, I'm very satisfied, and encouraged.

NO chance Neighbours will be sent down to The AHL. The 4th Line looked good, as well.

The only drama will be how much Mikkola can improve, whether or not The Blues' defence can stay healthy, and whether or not Brown can replace injured players adequately. There doesn't seem to be any place on The 3rd Line for him. And he shouldn't be replacing Walker on The 4th.
If Robb K is impressed there is nothing left to say

Robb_K wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:45 pm Excellent first game for The Blues, considering they were rusty at the start, and The Jackets had already played 2 games before this one. And playing Seattle will also give them a chance to knock off the rest of the rust without too much danger.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:02 am

Well.....It still would be nice if they could add a decent, relatively young, two-way, puck-moving defenceman, who has a not very costly contract, who could be currently undervalued, and play a LOT better with The Blues after the trade than he has in his 2-3 seasons in The NHL, so far. Otherwise, The Blues might not get past Colorado, or the other team in The WCF, or the Eastern Conference winner. They COULD possibly win it all, with luck healthwise, Perunovich returning with 10-12 games left in the regular season and playing over his head in the playoffs, and same for Scandella (not likely), and a lot of puck luck. But, I won't count on that.

The Blues are not going to struggle to score goals. I think we are going to witness a lot of high scoring battles this year. Should be a fun team to watch.

Also Accari and the Russian Torpedo being 1,2 in hits is exactly what they should be doing on that 4th line. Brilliant performance by the forwards all around.

Here’s to this team having good health.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:45 pm CBJ is now 0-3. Scoring just 5 goals and giving up 14. Wonder what Johnny Hockey is thinking
He chased the money. Enjoy Columbus.

Remember when they said free agents wouldn't sign in St Louis without an overpayment. Well Columbus is that x 10.

He could have been anywhere but his dumbass agent sent him to hockey purgatory for a few measley million which would easily have been surpassed in endorsements in a big market.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:52 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:45 pmCBJ is now 0-3. Scoring just 5 goals and giving up 14. Wonder what Johnny Hockey is thinking

Remember when they said free agents wouldn't sign in St Louis without an overpayment. Well Columbus is that x 10.

He could have been anywhere but his dumbass agent sent him to hockey purgatory for a few measley million which would easily have been surpassed in endorsements in a big market.
Agents have to do extra legwork to gain endorsement deals after a player is signed with a new team. Cuts into the profit margin.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:45 pm CBJ is now 0-3. Scoring just 5 goals and giving up 14. Wonder what Johnny Hockey is thinking

Columbus is a cool city... and its centrally located... not sure why hockey players hate it.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:43 pm

Columbus is a cool city... and its centrally located... not sure why hockey players hate it.
Oh that may very well be, but if I'm a young hockey player and I have the chance to go to;

New York 🗽
LA 🎥
Florida 🏖️
Vegas 🎰
or Columbus 🥱

I know where I would go. 😄