Blues Hall of Fame

The Blues Hall of Fame will recognize 10 automatic inductions, including the eight players that have had their numbers retired:

Al MacInnis
Bob Gassoff
Bob Plager
Barclay Plager
Sid Salomon Jr., original team owner
Brian Sutter
Brett Hull
Bernie Federko
Chris Pronger
Dan Kelly, legendary broadcaster
The complete inaugural class will be announced on Oct. 15, when the Blues host the Columbus Blue Jackets at Enterprise Center to open the 2022-23 season.

Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: Blues Hall of Fame

In order to be eligible for the Blues Hall of Fame as a player, the player must have:
At least three (3) seasons or 200 games played in the Blue Note (includes regular season and playoffs).
Officially retired from the NHL.
Demonstrated exceptional attributes in the areas of playing ability, sportsmanship, character and contributions to the St. Louis Blues.
Won the Stanley Cup or a major NHL award during their tenure with the St. Louis Blues.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:03 am In order to be eligible for the Blues Hall of Fame as a player, the player must have:
At least three (3) seasons or 200 games played in the Blue Note (includes regular season and playoffs).
Officially retired from the NHL.
Demonstrated exceptional attributes in the areas of playing ability, sportsmanship, character and contributions to the St. Louis Blues.
Won the Stanley Cup or a major NHL award during their tenure with the St. Louis Blues.
If they have to meet all those qualifications that's a pretty small group which would exclude players from the original list. The last point really is arbitrary.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:06 am So if that's the criteria, why do they have Curtis Joseph and Tkachuk up for nomination in the fan voting? What major NHL award did they win?
This HOF is going to be REALLY small if they stick to the criteria. Pretty much everyone that fits the bill is part of the class already. Having said that I hope they keep this pretty exclusive. The Cardinals HOF has already gotten watered down by inducting too many guys every year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:12 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:06 am So if that's the criteria, why do they have Curtis Joseph and Tkachuk up for nomination in the fan voting? What major NHL award did they win?
This HOF is going to be REALLY small if they stick to the criteria. Pretty much everyone that fits the bill is part of the class already. Having said that I hope they keep this pretty exclusive. The Cardinals HOF has already gotten watered down by inducting too many guys every year.
Zach Sanford is eligible.

I'm gettin' the Mike Liut Bandwagon rollin' ..

• (6) seasons, 347+39 games played in the Blue Note (if my early morning math is right)
• Officially retired from the NHL
• Demonstrated exceptional attributes in the areas of playing ability, sportsmanship, character and contributions to the St. Louis Blues (indisputably on all counts)
• Won the Lester B. Pearson award with the St. Louis Blues in the 1980-81 season

Cast your votes, folks.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:32 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:35 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:51 am Garry Unger???
You can vote for him here: https://bluenatics.stlouisblues.com/act ... 0001c6319f
Another thing to create an account for and login? Fuck that!
Yeah I clicked to submit my vote and was asked to register and was like, well never mind then I guess.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:04 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:32 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:35 am

You can vote for him here: https://bluenatics.stlouisblues.com/act ... 0001c6319f
Another thing to create an account for and login? Fuck that!
Yeah I clicked to submit my vote and was asked to register and was like, well never mind then I guess.
I was wondering about that. I put my vote in but then it asked if you wanted to register. I didn’t bother, but I did wonder if my vote took.

Reviving this thread:

Red Berenson, Scotty Bowman, Glenn Hall and Garry Unger were selected for induction alongside Bernie Federko, Bob Gassoff, Brett Hull, Dan Kelly, Al MacInnis, Barclay Plager, Bobby Plager, Chris Pronger, Sid Salomon Jr. / Sid Salomon III and Brian Sutter.
All very deserving and all that, but they did exactly what I'd hoped they wouldn't. They inducted pretty much every deserving candidate the first year. By 2030 they're going to be inducting Bob Barry and Lubos Bartecko.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:19 am Reviving this thread:

Red Berenson, Scotty Bowman, Glenn Hall and Garry Unger were selected for induction alongside Bernie Federko, Bob Gassoff, Brett Hull, Dan Kelly, Al MacInnis, Barclay Plager, Bobby Plager, Chris Pronger, Sid Salomon Jr. / Sid Salomon III and Brian Sutter.
All very deserving and all that, but they did exactly what I'd hoped they wouldn't. They inducted pretty much every deserving candidate the first year. By 2030 they're going to be inducting Bob Barry and Lubos Bartecko.
As I was reading the list that is the exact thought that was going through my head, "who is left?" I'm guessing they are going to get very liberal with the inductions and end up with guys like Backes and Berglund in it.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:39 am

As I was reading the list that is the exact thought that was going through my head, "who is left?" I'm guessing they are going to get very liberal with the inductions and end up with guys like Backes and Berglund in it.
I'm 100% sure Backes gets in. I honestly think it might be within 3 years. He's 9th in career scoring with the Blues, and of players ahead of him, only Steen and Demitra are retired and not yet inducted. Hopefully they don't induct more than 1 person a year after this first year, but even that might be too much.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:11 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:39 am

I'm 100% sure Backes gets in. I honestly think it might be within 3 years. He's 9th in career scoring with the Blues, and of players ahead of him, only Steen and Demitra are retired and not yet inducted. Hopefully they don't induct more than 1 person a year after this first year, but even that might be too much.
Towel Guy should stay by the phone, he may get in too.