Re: Fantasy Hockey

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:45 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:58 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:10 pm No President's Trophy jinx this time, so you got that working for ya - ha. Actually, I didn't see that coming with you dropping to 2nd, but that's probably a good thing for you............ I do think this thing is wide open. Should be fun.
Glad I could knock you from 3rd to 4th Bill!
So if Dave is in 2nd that means I’m playing him. Not looking forward to that match. My team has been balls out the last 10 weeks or so just to make the playoffs. I don’t see me getting by Dave in round one though.
I think for next year we need to lower the number of teams . I think there are a few owners that didn’t event look at their team once during the season.
You're catching me at the right time. Losing Kadri is brutal for me with the season he's had. Just a monster in all categories.
Hughes is injured again for me. He’s been my best player the last 10 weeks or so. Been on fire since he returned
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:07 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:44 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:29 pm Looking over these teams, I think the playoff field is pretty competitive. Wide open so to speak.
I think Im toast, but it was a good run.
Shit, right now, you and Choc Starfish would be tied at 369 points each. It’s in the balance here, could come down to a tie breaker.
I snuck in... but I am afraid I am still not looking good. Losing Landeskog really hobbled my offense,

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:53 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:07 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:44 pm

I think Im toast, but it was a good run.
Shit, right now, you and Choc Starfish would be tied at 369 points each. It’s in the balance here, could come down to a tie breaker.
I snuck in... but I am afraid I am still not looking good. Losing Landeskog really hobbled my offense,
Yeah, that hurts. But you never know, especially if you get great goaltending.

good luck in the semis. this year is the 20th anniversary of me running this league, and in all those years, i've only won it once (2015-2016 season). it's not easy, takes a lot of luck. covid protocol really fucked up the last couple seasons as well.

BillP. wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:05 am Northern Lights and some guy named Denny deadlocked going into Sunday. Damn.
What a crazy game Dave and I had going into the weekend. It looked like it was going to come down to maybe the hits or the blocked shot categories and then he pulled away in those two categories. I still had him in PP points and then he took over that category as well. I figured it was going to be a tie or a loss for me. He had the plus/minus category wrapped up on Friday but then went -10 over the weekend and that turned out to be the difference which allowed me to keep it tied and win the tiebreaker via our head to head matchup earlier in the season.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:48 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:05 am Northern Lights and some guy named Denny deadlocked going into Sunday. Damn.
What a crazy game Dave and I had going into the weekend. It looked like it was going to come down to maybe the hits or the blocked shot categories and then he pulled away in those two categories. I still had him in PP points and then he took over that category as well. I figured it was going to be a tie or a loss for me. He had the plus/minus category wrapped up on Friday but then went -10 over the weekend and that turned out to be the difference which allowed me to keep it tied and win the tiebreaker via our head to head matchup earlier in the season.
Who do I talk to about removing +/- :lol: ! Well done Tim. Time to start scouting for next year for me.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:06 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:48 am
Who do I talk to about removing +/- :lol: ! Well done Tim. Time to start scouting for next year for me.
GOD DAMN!!! That was a real street fight!

Yeah Tim, I figured the head to head was the tie breaker so I went thru all the weeks myself to see who won that game between you and Dave - ha ha. And to be honest, since it was a week 10 match, I was a little surprised you got that win. Your team was still a work in progress at that time. And that's how it was the last time you played. Your teams seem to build up steam in the stretch drive. You love that wild card don't you - ha Nice job!!

I will admit Dave, I won't miss not having to play you if I get that far. Sucks somebody has to lose.

I do remember after the draft you had said, we'll see if my strategy of drafting Vasilevsky with the first pick will pay off. Dude had a bad week for you in Rd 1..............................

BillP. wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:07 pm I will admit Dave, I won't miss not having to play you if I get that far. Sucks somebody has to lose.

I do remember after the draft you had said, we'll see if my strategy of drafting Vasilevsky with the first pick will pay off. Dude had a bad week for you in Rd 1..............................
Without giving away too many trade secrets, I have 0 regrets about the Vasy pick or how he fared this week (though a shutout would've been nice, haha). The Kadri and Linholm injuries were the biggest factor, they were a pretty safe bet to go +2 for the week for me. The other factor was an unexpected day off for Vejmelka. If he makes 25-30 saves that night I can easily manage to add another handful via the waiver wire.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Somehow I got my team into the final. Definitely have my work cut out against the #1 ranked team…but just getting to the final seems like a win for my team. It took a long time for my team to get it together but I got hot at the right time. We will see what happens but I’ll be perfectly fine with a 2nd place finish.
Bill you almost got what you wanted…me and you in the final.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:57 pm Somehow I got my team into the final. Definitely have my work cut out against the #1 ranked team…but just getting to the final seems like a win for my team. It took a long time for my team to get it together but I got hot at the right time. We will see what happens but I’ll be perfectly fine with a 2nd place finish.
Bill you almost got what you wanted…me and you in the final.
Yeah, it really looked like a possibility on Saturday afternoon :lol: I was pulling for it, you know I was. But Saturday night and Sunday weren’t very good to me - ha. NorthKariya’s team is a bear right now. You’ll need a little magic to pull it off. I’m pulling for you. You did a great job building your team with all those young kids. Your draft strategy worked out. Good luck!!!!

Are any fantasy hockey fans here nerdy enough to join a replay keeper league? We keep the same teams from year to year and games are played using the Action PC system (https://www.dksports.com/hockey.htm). We turn in our strats each week and a commissioner runs the simulations. Players have computer ratings on all sorts of things (overall offense, passing, shooting, faceoffs, overall defense, hits, penalties, etc), based on their performance the previous year. We have cuts and an entry draft usually around September,
We've had a couple of GMs bug out this year, and are hoping we can get a couple new GMs so we can continue. Just checking to see if anyone here would be interested in that kind of thing.
As for the rest of the league, we're pretty much first-class nerds (former/current D&D and board-game players, sci-fi/fantasy fans, into MCU and DC movies and others, and a couple of us anime fans as well), as well as hockey fans.

This has been great fun over the last several years, but, I would like to go ahead and pull out for future seasons. I wasn't really able to keep up with the going on's last season and it's not going to be any better for me in the future. Thanks!
Corey - Chocolate Starfish

allanon13 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:22 pm This has been great fun over the last several years, but, I would like to go ahead and pull out for future seasons. I wasn't really able to keep up with the going on's last season and it's not going to be any better for me in the future. Thanks!
Corey - Chocolate Starfish
Sorry to hear that Corey, hope you reconsider and I hope all is well 🙂. Take care

TC, if you look at the bottom of the standings, there’s 5 guys who made zero moves the whole year. Need to remove these guys off the squad and make it a 14 team league. I love a 20 team league but it seems there’s only 12-14 teams that really give a shit anyways so you might as well do it. And maybe we’ll get lucky and get some new people that want to join. Just sayin……