Re: NHL Offseason Trades/Signings Thread

If you want a fan base that's ready to light itself on fire, look to Philly. Gaudreau has wanted to play for his hometown team for years. It's been out there forever. He has a massive season the same year they bottom out. Do they clear cap space so the local boy can come home? No, they do not. They're going to be bad again next year, and will probably have to watch Gaudreau light them up for a division rival. Good times in Philly.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: GET ER DONE, LEEERY!!

You know, I looked it up recently, outside of the KHL, they don't pay shit in the other EURO leagues. Up to 5 Million in Russia I think, and maybe up to 250K in Sweden (which is still not a lot) - all USA dollars. And the other leagues are like 10,000 USA dollars per month.

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:25 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:23 pmSeems that way.
I had to mute this Blues "Super fan". Holy shit... some tourist who talks non-stop about the team. I mean tweeting 24/7 about them... and she will be back ten seconds into next season.
Don't fret, Dave, you'll get to hear plenty more from her when she becomes the Blues' new local rinkside reporter. :roll:

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:14 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:25 pm
BluesSK wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:23 pmSeems that way.
I had to mute this Blues "Super fan". Holy shit... some tourist who talks non-stop about the team. I mean tweeting 24/7 about them... and she will be back ten seconds into next season.
Don't fret, Dave, you'll get to hear plenty more from her when she becomes the Blues' new local rinkside reporter. :roll:
I was actually trying to quote the Blues winged wheel tweet but somehow she got on there.