Re: Blues Offseason News Thread

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:07 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:00 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:46 am

Greiss ranged from pretty good to average for the 3 years preceeding last, so there's a chance last season was the outlier. At age 36 though, that might be a bad assumption. I don't know that the contract would be problematically high, but yeah, probably more than Lindgren.
The good year 4 years ago is the outlier. Outside of that, the past 5 seasons he’s been a .500 goalie with a gaa north of 3.

That’s just paying a guy to be a guy at that point.
2 and 3 years ago he had a save% of .912 and .913. If that's the guy they get, fine. If he's the guy from last year or 2017-18, boo. I have no idea which one he'll be.
Blues probably dont make the playoffs last year with any of those guys. Let’s just hope he’s barely needed and Binnington is gold but as we’ve learned all around the league, unless you have Vasilevskiy, relying on one goalie can be a teams downfall
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:49 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:25 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:22 am

I'm not entirely sure they trade Tarasenko anymore. Getting rid of your top 2 RWs creates quite a hole. Though based on my predictions of the last 24 hours, he's gone in five minutes.
Someone is going to have to move if they are determined to upgrade their left handed d-man spot
Starting to wonder if they just sign the RFAs, grab a goalie off the scrap heap, bring back Leddy and call it a day.
Well shit...
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

So far it's been 2017 Doug, but it's not over yet. We still might get something to get excited about.

Greiss isn't bad, but we're not a shut down defense either so..........................
I expect hot and cold streaks from the guy. If Binner goes AWOL again it could be rough. Maybe it's a good sign. Remember Chad Johnson?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:10 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:07 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:00 am

The good year 4 years ago is the outlier. Outside of that, the past 5 seasons he’s been a .500 goalie with a gaa north of 3.

That’s just paying a guy to be a guy at that point.
2 and 3 years ago he had a save% of .912 and .913. If that's the guy they get, fine. If he's the guy from last year or 2017-18, boo. I have no idea which one he'll be.
Blues probably dont make the playoffs last year with any of those guys. Let’s just hope he’s barely needed and Binnington is gold but as we’ve learned all around the league, unless you have Vasilevskiy, relying on one goalie can be a teams downfall
I hate this move

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:18 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:16 am Fancy stats guy's take on Blues summer:
Everyone’s reaction to it is the same. Bucchigross saw it pop on the screen and unfiltered reacted “that’s a lot of term for Leddy” hahah
He's "only" 31, so for me it just depends on the AAV. I'd rather have let him move on and trade for a LD, but that doesn't appear in the cards. It's a very "meh" at best day for the Blues so far.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:25 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:16 am Fancy stats guy's take on Blues summer:
Everyone’s reaction to it is the same. Bucchigross saw it pop on the screen and unfiltered reacted “that’s a lot of term for Leddy” hahah
He's "only" 31, so for me it just depends on the AAV. I'd rather have let him move on and trade for a LD, but that doesn't appear in the cards. It's a very "meh" at best day for the Blues so far.
I thought he's played pretty well for the Blues. The problem for me and the problem the last two seasons has been that fucking Scandella contract.

It’s not that I think he’s shit, it’s that the Blues are COMPLETELY miscasting him as their top LHD to face other teams best lines. He’s so outmatched. He’s not that guy at all.
Just a Russian propaganda account

I completely agree with you guys. Leddy is a solid enough hockey player, but he's cast in a role he's not suited for at this point in his career. Things can change with a trade or two, but for now it's looking like the overall talent level on the team will be less than last year's.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:18 am Everyone’s reaction to it is the same. Bucchigross saw it pop on the screen and unfiltered reacted “that’s a lot of term for Leddy” hahah
It’s not that I think he’s shit, it’s that the Blues are COMPLETELY miscasting him as their top LHD to face other teams best lines. He’s so outmatched. He’s not that guy at all.
I could see a 2 year deal, but not 4. I'd rather just skip paying for a defenseman and keep Perron and go with our kids. You weaken your strength and you don't get that big an upgrade on the other end at all.

There was a rumor that Tarasenko was the Islanders backup plan if they didn't get Gaudreau. The Islanders haven't made any moves today as far as I recall. Regardless of whether or not it winds up involving the Blues, Gaudreau's decision will cause a lot of dominos to fall league-wide