Re: 2022 NHL Draft thread

88. Michael Buchinger, LHD, GUELPH (OHL)

April 25, 2004 | 6′ 0″ | 181 pounds

Tier: Has a chance to play games

Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: Below NHL average
Compete: NHL average

Background: Buchinger was a top-four defenseman for Guelph, often lining up on both special teams. He saw his stock rise into a likely NHL draft pick after being a second-round pick in his OHL Draft.

Analysis: Buchinger is a solid all-around defenseman. His skating isn’t explosive, but it’s good enough for him to be a useful pro. He can skate pucks out of trouble and can close gaps on checks well. Buchinger shows good flashes of skill and offensive playmaking, especially off the rush. I don’t think he’s a natural puck-mover, though. Combine average offense with average size and I’m not sure where he fits on an NHL team, but there’s enough to his game for him to have a shot.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Kid sounds promising for a 4th rounder

120. Arseni Koromyslov, LHD, SKA ST. PETERSBURG 2 (RUSSIA-JR.)

November 3, 2003 | 6′ 3″ | 180 pounds

Tier: Projected to play NHL games

Skating: NHL average
Puck skills: Below NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average

Background: Koromyslov didn’t put up big numbers this season in the Russian junior league but he was a top player for one of the best MHL teams. He also made appearances in the KHL, for Russia’s U20 team (including making the world juniors club), and for Russia’s senior team.

Analysis: Koromyslov is a big left-shot defenseman who is a strong skater. Due to his reach and mobility he kills a lot of rushes. He’s a smart defender who anticipates plays well and uses his skating to jump up and pressure opponents. He also doesn’t shy away from the physical play with his big frame. With the puck Koromyslov won’t dazzle. He has good flashes of stickhandling and passing but it’s not consistent. I think there’s just enough offense to be a third-pair defenseman given his physical tools.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Matangama wrote:
BillP. wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:16 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: I'll never complain about the Blues taken a Finnish player. My 2nd favorite type of player.

Aleksanteri Kaskimaki 6'0 Center
You must be a Lori Lehtera fan :P
I mean, aren’t we all???
:lol: Actually I was when we first got him.

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:59 am Not a fan of the Blues draft at this point. Guess I have several years before I can change my mind.
Pretty disappointed right now.
If it makes you feel any better Tim, I heard Craig Button state on ESPN101 the Blues have had a very good draft.

Someone on HF pointed out that Button had most of our drafted players higher on his own list. Kinda funny
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

Drubilly wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:06 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:59 am Not a fan of the Blues draft at this point. Guess I have several years before I can change my mind.
Pretty disappointed right now.
If it makes you feel any better Tim, I heard Craig Button state on ESPN101 the Blues have had a very good draft.

Someone on HF pointed out that Button had most of our drafted players higher on his own list. Kinda funny
I always tend to side with Craig but I’m just not feeling it right now. We will see though . Snuggerud will play for sure just gonna be a few years.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Matangama wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:03 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:43 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:33 am Tim any names you're hoping are around for Blues in 3rd that would put pep back in your step after yesterday?
Kocha Delic or Pano Fimis
Tim, has anyone taken these guys?
Both still available heading into the 7th.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Matangama wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:15 pm For what it’s worth, I just called Army on the bat phone and told him to take both of them. The fact that we don’t have a 7th round pick is a bit of a fly in the ointment, but Army will work around that!
😂

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:30 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:27 pm Button had Kocha Delic in his top 100 players list.
I like the name. His grand dad Psyche Delic played for the Golden Seals in the sixties.
Damn…..I was going to make a Psyche Delic joke in reference to a possible failed drug test! Well done! Brilliant minds at work here!

That kid that went 221 to Florida was ranked in the 60’s by Central scouting. It’s a crap shoot for sure.
Really love what Seattle and Columbus did. I think the Hawks had a very good draft as well as did Montreal. The Kraken absolutely killed it though.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:42 pm That kid that went 221 to Florida was ranked in the 60’s by Central scouting. It’s a crap shoot for sure.
Really love what Seattle and Columbus did. I think the Hawks had a very good draft as well as did Montreal. The Kraken absolutely killed it though.
Jack Devine? Interesting. Why did he fall so far down in the draft?

BluesSK wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:51 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:42 pm That kid that went 221 to Florida was ranked in the 60’s by Central scouting. It’s a crap shoot for sure.
Jack Devine? Interesting. Why did he fall so far down in the draft?
Honestly don’t know anything about him

"Suck a dick Johansen"