Re: Brodeur Coming Back

It's never exactly been clear to me that guys like this actually get paid.......or how much they get paid. Safe to say that Al MacInnis, Brett Hull, and Marty Brodeur don't exactly need the money! I think the assumption has always been that these guys are making $200-$300K per year, and I really wonder if that's true.

BluesSK wrote:
Oates2Hullie450 wrote:To the Blues as opposed to leaving, most likely, per JR.

https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status ... 1025913856
As long as these former players come back and do something substantial to help the team win I'm all for it.

If they want to sit up in the luxury boxes and be a "special advisor" or "vice president of schmoozing" they aren't needed.
That being said, I do understand why guys like Hull are placed in that networking role. With a market as small as the Blues', selling out of the boxes and corporate suites is imperative. Without steady ticket sales we'll find ourselves near the cap floor rather than the upper cap limit.

Anton Chigurh wrote:
BluesSK wrote:
Oates2Hullie450 wrote:To the Blues as opposed to leaving, most likely, per JR.

https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status ... 1025913856
As long as these former players come back and do something substantial to help the team win I'm all for it.

If they want to sit up in the luxury boxes and be a "special advisor" or "vice president of schmoozing" they aren't needed.
That being said, I do understand why guys like Hull are placed in that networking role. With a market as small as the Blues', selling out of the boxes and corporate suites is imperative. Without steady ticket sales we'll find ourselves near the cap floor rather than the upper cap limit.
Sure, I understand the corporate and marketing aspects of it. I'd love to hear how these guys are helping the team win though. Winning games is the best marketing of all.

bluesfanman wrote:Allen seemed to make some giant strides while Martin was here. I am not sure if he was responsible, but where there is smoke, there is fire.
Nick
I feel honestly like half of the reason we brought Brodeur in was for Allen. One of his idols growing up, as he had mentioned before and after the signing.

Does seem weird he came here just to get in net 7 times, does it not?

39hurricane wrote:Can he take Shaw's spot?
I honestly don't know if I can take another year of Shaw and his Lego-man head behind the bench. It's been too long. Our defensemen need to hear something new. Some of these guys have hardly known anything but Shaw's system in their pro careers.

BluesSK wrote: Sure, I understand the corporate and marketing aspects of it. I'd love to hear how these guys are helping the team win though. Winning games is the best marketing of all.
Marketing is important to the success of the team. If sales are down, they can't afford to pay players. I love having guys like Brodeur and MacInnis. Yes, winning games is the best marketing, but heading into 15/16 they don't have that card to play. Keeping a guy like Brodeur isn't going to fix the team, but I promise having him around will not hurt.

Very happy to hear he might be coming back.