Re: 2022 NHL Draft thread

The fact that we are almost through 2 full rounds and Lane Hutson is still available is shocking to me. I get it, he's 5'8 but his offensive skill on the blue line is exceptional. Add to that everyone raves about his "Hockey IQ" and you can't tell me he can't be a Perunovich/Krug type player.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:40 am The fact that we are almost through 2 full rounds and Lane Hutson is still available is shocking to me. I get it, he's 5'8 but his offensive skill on the blue line is exceptional. Add to that everyone raves about his "Hockey IQ" and you can't tell me he can't be a Perunovich/Krug type player.
haha okay literally when with the very next pick to Montreal.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:40 am The fact that we are almost through 2 full rounds and Lane Hutson is still available is shocking to me. I get it, he's 5'8 but his offensive skill on the blue line is exceptional. Add to that everyone raves about his "Hockey IQ" and you can't tell me he can't be a Perunovich/Krug type player.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:45 am
hahaha that's good stuff

Strengths
Deceptive playmaking
Great decision-making in tight spaces
Excellent speed

Under Construction – Improvements to Make
Gets caught puck-watching at times
Defensive awareness
Transition game

NHL Potential
Kaskimaki is still a few years away in terms of his development and will need to work on his defensive shortcomings before he can take the next big step. His speed and stickhandling abilities, paired with his willingness to go into the dirty areas, make him someone worth developing. If it works out, and he can play efficiently at both ends of the ice, Kaskimaki could be a decent bottom-six player who can chip in offensively and play on the penalty kill. If a team sees the potential to convert him to the wing, it would increase his chances due to fewer expectations defensively.

Risk- Reward Analysis
Risk- 4/5, Reward 3/5

Fantasy Hockey Potential
Offense – 6/10, Defense – 5/10

I'm rock hard thinking about the fact that the Blues just got a guy who "has a chance to play games"

73. Aleksanteri Kaskimaki, C, HIFK JR. (FINLAND-JR.)

February 6, 2004 | 6′ 0″ | 196 pounds

Tier: Has a chance to play games

Skating: Below NHL average
Puck skills: NHL average
Hockey sense: NHL average
Compete: Above NHL average

Background: Kaskimaki was a good junior player this season, being a top player for a top team in Finland’s top U20 league. He was also an important player for Finland’s U18 team.

Analysis: Kaskimaki is a skilled, playmaking center. He shows very good puck skills in tight areas and he can make defenders miss and create offense. Kaskimaki competes well, showing no fear to get to the net, can PK and wins a decent chunk of battles. He can also play on the perimeter and make a lot of plays through seams. His one drawback is his average footspeed especially given he also has an average frame. He has a chance to play in the NHL if his skating improves.

NHL Potential
Buchinger’s skating and high hockey IQ make him a good bet to get to the NHL. His upside depends on how much stronger he gets. At this point, it’s reasonable to believe he can become a bottom-four defenseman who can contribute on both the power play and penalty kill at the next level.