Re: 2022 NHL Draft thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:36 pm When you have high hockey sense you tend to be in the right place all the time and don't need as much speed because you're not in recovery mode chasing often. Find spaces, score goals.
His skill set sounds like he needs Thomas as his Center. Also sounds like he could be PP guy. The talk about finding space and soft spots, I don’t know. This isn’t 1990 anymore. But they also say he’s got a great one on one skill set, so who knows. Maybe we should have faith in this pick.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:43 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:22 pm Not a fan of the Snuggerud pick. It feels like a lazy pick to me. So many more talented players out there. It's a head scratcher
What if his dad's last name was Konecny??
Just not a fan of late round USNTDP forwards headed to college.. He’s low risk, low reward. I don’t see him as anything more than a 3rd liner with limited production at the NHL level.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:46 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:36 pm When you have high hockey sense you tend to be in the right place all the time and don't need as much speed because you're not in recovery mode chasing often. Find spaces, score goals.
His skill set sounds like he needs Thomas as his Center. Also sounds like he could be PP guy. The talk about finding space and soft spots, I don’t know. This isn’t 1990 anymore. But they also say he’s got a great one on one skill set, so who knows. Maybe we should have faith in this pick.
No reason to not have faith, the Blues don't do first round bust too often. Haven't had one since they went with a D-man in 2012 with Schmaltz. Even when you think they had one in Tage Thompson he breaks out into an all world player
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:57 pm Sounds like right handed Jake Neighbours.
The Blues are starting to draft a specific type of player since Bill Armstrong left.

Although I don’t think Neighbours offensive game was projected to be as good as Snuggerud. A lot of people said Neighbours was a 4th line grinder when they picked him but look at him now

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:05 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:57 pm Sounds like right handed Jake Neighbours.
The Blues are starting to draft a specific type of player since Bill Armstrong left.

Although I don’t think Neighbours offensive game was projected to be as good as Snuggerud. A lot of people said Neighbours was a 4th line grinder when they picked him but look at him now
I wasn't using that comp as a negative. Bokk was the last pick that looks like a bust, but they were able to deal him before anyone else figured it out. They North American forward strategy seems to have served them well in the first round.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:09 pm

They North American forward strategy seems to have served them well in the first round.
I agree. I like getting a USA kid. They’re getting better all the time.

Bokk was the last pick that looks like a bust, but they were able to deal him before anyone else figured it out.
Was wondering what the latest was on him. At the time we were high on him - ha

I wasn't using that comp as a negative. Bokk was the last pick that looks like a bust, but they were able to deal him before anyone else figured it out. They North American forward strategy seems to have served them well in the first round.
Agreed. There’s nothing bad about being compared to Jake Neighbours. If the Blues drafted Neighbours with a better shot they did great

Matangama wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:23 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:20 am Kraken owning this draft.....Wright and now Firkus
Good to see…….even though I don’t think Francis is a very good GM. Still, better to be lucky than good!
I am so jacked for that organization to be good. Seattle is a great sports town, rabid even and I just know that building is going to rock when they make the playoffs. Rooting for them and hope to see playoff Schwartzy again