Re: ‘22 playoffs thread

I get the impression with Colorado they break down a bit late in tight games. Too bad Edmonton didn’t tie it up. They were all over them late. Looks like the Stanley Cup will go to an Eastern Conference team. With 2 showstoppers in net, I can’t see how either of those 2 teams lose to the Wild Wild West show.

This is interesting. So really, any player who is carrying the puck into the zone in a tag-up situation could do his team a favor by lifting his stick a few inches off the ice for a split second as he crosses the line - just to give the tagging player a bit of extra time. I actually like this, because it helps negate the situation in which a goal is called back because a tagging player was a few inches offside. That drives me crazy. Avs were lucky, by the way. The puck rolled off Makar's stick for that split second in which Nichushkin was still in the zone.

insideout wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:47 pm This is interesting. So really, any player who is carrying the puck into the zone in a tag-up situation could do his team a favor by lifting his stick a few inches off the ice for a split second as he crosses the line - just to give the tagging player a bit of extra time. I actually like this, because it helps negate the situation in which a goal is called back because a tagging player was a few inches offside. That drives me crazy. Avs were lucky, by the way. The puck rolled off Makar's stick for that split second in which Nichushkin was still in the zone.
I think if you go into the rules a player does not have to have contact to be considered in possession of the puck. If it was under their control... it is possession the Brett Hull game winner for instance.

insideout wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:47 pm This is interesting. So really, any player who is carrying the puck into the zone in a tag-up situation could do his team a favor by lifting his stick a few inches off the ice for a split second as he crosses the line - just to give the tagging player a bit of extra time. I actually like this, because it helps negate the situation in which a goal is called back because a tagging player was a few inches offside. That drives me crazy. Avs were lucky, by the way. The puck rolled off Makar's stick for that split second in which Nichushkin was still in the zone.
The rule is fine overall, but the silly thing about this rule in this particular case is there is absolutely 0 chance the linesman saw that Makar wasn't touching the puck as the guy tagged up. He missed the call and got lucky on review. Hell of a shot from Makar though.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:53 pm
I think if you go into the rules a player does not have to have contact to be considered in possession of the puck. If it was under their control... it is possession the Brett Hull game winner for instance.
A little different because Hull was the puck controller AND the player who preceded the puck, whereas this was a tag-up situation. In this case, I believe the rule is that if a player (other than the puck carrier) is in the zone before the puck, such player must leave the zone before the puck is touched by a member of the attacking team (regardless of control). The "control" rule applies only to the player carrying the puck. That is, a player may precede the puck into the zone if such player is controlling the puck through the zone entry.

Two things... in the interest of selling the sport..
One... Don't make rules that the average fan on the street can't understand.
Two ... Make scoring plays automatically reviewable by the league.. Sell some beer while the review room takes a quick look....that way, you don't put coaches in a position to have to ask for a review, and get screwed into a penalty.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:31 pm Two things... in the interest of selling the sport..
One... Don't make rules that the average fan on the street can't understand.
Two ... Make scoring plays automatically reviewable by the league.. Sell some beer while the review room takes a quick look....that way, you don't put coaches in a position to have to ask for a review, and get screwed into a penalty.
The review penalty is the dumbest fucking thing ever. Hockey is the fastest game on Earth... cut some slack you fucking Grinches!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:39 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:36 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:17 pm WOW/...Stamkos just cranked the Rangers goalie in the head while he was in the paint, and Stamkos wasn't, and there was no penalty on the play???
You're allowed to hit goalies this postseason. new rule change
They should print a playoff version of the rule book, so we can keep up.
haha this gave me a good laugh because it's true. They will need a volume for reach round as well.
Just a Russian propaganda account