Re: News and Games around the NHL

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:37 pmHow fortunate for the NHL to have all of these regional matchups align in the second round when the TV profits can be maximized... or its a globalist plot to destabilize America and kick start the great reset?
Hockey was brought to Earth by an advance race of aliens, who now get free unlimited commercial-free access to all NHL regional & national broadcasts via an intergalactic neural net connection hosted within their Gary Bettman node. Sucks for you, T.C.!

JMC-STL wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:33 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 4:37 pmHow fortunate for the NHL to have all of these regional matchups align in the second round when the TV profits can be maximized... or its a globalist plot to destabilize America and kick start the great reset?
Hockey was brought to Earth by an advance race of aliens, who now get free unlimited commercial-free access to all NHL regional & national broadcasts via an intergalactic neural net connection hosted within their Gary Bettman node. Sucks for you, T.C.!
Its always the GOD DAMN aliens!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:30 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:37 pm Coyotes not allowed to use their own logo in new arena deal...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/05/coyote ... barrassing
Outside of the Blues, I am BEGGING for the Coyotes to go on a stanley cup run next year. I want game 7 of the finals played in front of a packed house of a couple thousand folks
Will Chicago be allowed to play there??? I doubt that they'd want creepy Regis on campus if he gets back on the broadcast team.

BillP. wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:51 pm Senators willing to trade their 7th pick in the draft for a top 4 defenseman.

Wonder if the Blues would entertain trading Krug for this and hope Perunovich picks up the slack?
I don't know the prospect pool at all at this point, but I'd assume that'd be a big hard pass for Armstrong. Krug and Faulk were the Blues best pairing by a mile this year, and Krug ran the league's #2 PP. I have high hopes for Perunovich too, but he's got to earn his way in through the bottom pair with some PP time before he can be viewed as "Krug, but cheaper." Besides, Krug has a 15 team no trade list, and I'd assume Ottawa is near the very top of that list.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:03 pm the comments to the piece are just as laughable. They want him charged with ASSAULT

So now the NHL is supposed to suspend players for illegal hits that didn't happen? Maybe next they'll create a reward for goalies that almost made the save. Top candidates of all time are Mike Smith and Roman Turek.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:32 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:03 pm the comments to the piece are just as laughable. They want him charged with ASSAULT

So now the NHL is supposed to suspend players for illegal hits that didn't happen? Maybe next they'll create a reward for goalies that almost made the save. Top candidates of all time are Mike Smith and Roman Turek.
Funny how the Avs fans are worried about this one hit and not on Kadri's five suspensions for hits to players heads. Fuck Kadri... he is a piece of shit that makes Claude Lemieux look like DUdley Do Right.

wow. yikes. that's awful. she declined to identify the players involved. she also accepted a settlement. if the details in this article are the entirety of the story, this is a dangerous precedent - she presented no evidence, declined to name players, didn't go to the police, and the league just settled to keep it from going further. so we will never know if this is true. they paid her off based on her bringing this story to the league. yes, they got a lawyer and informed the police later and have committed to "a thorough independent internal investigation" which will make recommendations on areas for improvement. none of the actual offenders responded or will ever be held accountable. that's terrible. they paid her off to brush it under the table, and the implication is that they don't care enough to make sure the offenders were held accountable - it's easier/cheaper to get a number from her to go away. this makes Hockey Canada and CHL look fucking terrible to me.