Re: ‘22 playoffs thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:45 pm Juuse Saros is out at least the first two games for the Preds. That series is already over.
That's a bummer. I think that could've been a sneaky close series if he were healthy. I still would've expected the Avs to win, but thought maybe they could've tenderized the Avs a bit before round 2.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:15 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:50 am Here’s the disallowed goal for those that haven’t seen

I'm no rules expert, but it seems to me like you shouldn't be able to push the goalie clear out of his crease so your teammate can tap one in.
It's 50/50 to me. I don't think he wipes the goalie out as much without the help of the d-man.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:40 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:15 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:50 am Here’s the disallowed goal for those that haven’t seen

I'm no rules expert, but it seems to me like you shouldn't be able to push the goalie clear out of his crease so your teammate can tap one in.
It's 50/50 to me. I don't think he wipes the goalie out as much without the help of the d-man.
To me it's a no brainer. D is there and is harassing him, sure, but he goes into the paint and makes contact on his own. At that point it doesn't matter if D pushes you. Only matters if D is the reason you wind up in the paint making contact in the first place. That's my understanding of it anyway.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!