Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

BluesSK wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:25 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:04 am Mac Mac Back, Klim down. Hang in there, Wes.

Logan Brown says "what?"
I don't recall how well he was playing before he started becoming a regular scratch (probably not great!). I wonder if the Blues are keeping him on the shelf since they get a 4th round pick if he plays less than 30 regular season games this year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:29 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:04 am Mac Mac Back, Klim down. Hang in there, Wes.

Logan Brown says "what?"
I don't recall how well he was playing before he started becoming a regular scratch (probably not great!). I wonder if the Blues are keeping him on the shelf since they get a 4th round pick if he plays less than 30 regular season games this year.
Oh, I did not realize that!

I just recall him tapering off some because he wasn't playing enough.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:08 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:29 am

Logan Brown says "what?"
Oh, I did not realize that!

I just recall him tapering off some because he wasn't playing enough.
Well that's probably all it is. I don't think in the tightly packed standings behind Colorado they wouldn't ice the best lineup they're allowed to, but if they get to the end of the season and he's around 28 games played....
They already signed him for next year, so it's not as if they're at risk of being left without any assets after the Sanford trade. I'd be keeping an eye on his game count as the season rolls along though. I believe his at 18 games played right now.

Some trade deadline chatter:

Ottawa Senators: Zach Sanford
Anton Forsberg and Nick Paul are probably Ottawa’s two most sought-after assets at the deadline, but there is a chance both could re-sign with the Senators. That probably moves Sanford to the top of the list of likely trade candidates. Sanford hasn’t really found his niche in Ottawa, and it’s hard to envision where he slots into this lineup next season. He was a contributing member to the Blues Stanley Cup championship in 2019, so there might be a contending team looking to add his playoff experience as a depth forward. — Ian Mendes

St. Louis Blues: 2022 first-round pick
Already without a second-round pick this summer, Blues GM Doug Armstrong may not want to trade his 2022 first-rounder. But if he wants a top-four defenseman, whether it’s a hockey trade for Arizona’s Jakob Chychrun or a rental deal for Anaheim’s Hampus Lindholm or Seattle’s Mark Giordano, he may not have a choice. If it’s Chychrun, it could be the first-rounder and a prospect such as Jake Neighbours, Zach Bolduc or Scott Perunovich. The Blues are up against the salary cap so any trade needs to be dollar-for-dollar, which means Marco Scandella could be included, though he’s currently out with an injury. — Jeremy Rutherford

https://theathletic.com/3159881/2022/03 ... asualties/
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:15 am Walman and Joshua could both be UFAs after the season. Walman can still reach RFA status.
I kinda feel like Walman is going to be included in a deadline trade. There's not not really a role for him right now. It seems like they like Joshua a lot, so I'd be a little surprised if he's not re-signed before all is said and done.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:07 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:17 pm Don’t worry guys. Help is on the way

Cant blame this shitty play on him.
He's pretty much the only one responsible for the bad week. It's wild that 56 games into the season and pretty much at full health for a while, we still don't really know if this team is any good. They're not bad and they're not a top 5 team. Everything else is on the table.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:38 am All of these fans screaming for a trade are getting on my nerves. Armstrong isn't going to deal shit... unless some guy who he wants long term becomes available and it will cost his exactly what he needs to give up. I don't see it.
Yeah on D I could see Chychrun because his contract perfectly matches with this group's window, but count me out on the D rentals. If they continue to flounder I don't know that he does anything. If they get back on track I actually do sort of see the logic of the rumored Giroux deal. It'd allow them to move Barbashev back to the fourth line, which has been a problem lately. He's had a year that deserves top 9 time, but it's better for the team if he's stabilizing that group. I still wouldn't do it though.

If we go the rental route for a D-man, it sounds like Ben Chiarot would be the perfect fit, at least on the ice (i don't know how the money/trade assets would work). He sounds like the ideal partner for Parayko:
SCOUTING REPORT
The big (6’3”), rangy defenseman has the kind of size teams look for on the blue line. He is capable of playing top-pairing minutes (20-plus a night) as the sidekick to an offensive partner, and is best when he keeps his game simple to limit his mistakes and maximize his value. He has a big enough shot that opponents cannot take him for granted.

Long Range Potential: Minute-munching, stay-at-home defenseman.
Chiarot is a lefty as well, to Parayko's right handed shot.

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:21 pm If we go the rental route for a D-man, it sounds like Ben Chiarot would be the perfect fit, at least on the ice (i don't know how the money/trade assets would work). He sounds like the ideal partner for Parayko:
SCOUTING REPORT
The big (6’3”), rangy defenseman has the kind of size teams look for on the blue line. He is capable of playing top-pairing minutes (20-plus a night) as the sidekick to an offensive partner, and is best when he keeps his game simple to limit his mistakes and maximize his value. He has a big enough shot that opponents cannot take him for granted.

The problem with Chiarot is he absolutely sucks. He had a nice playoff run when he played with Weber, but has been absolutely atrocious all year. He is very good at being physical and fishing the puck out of his own net.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:33 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:21 pm If we go the rental route for a D-man, it sounds like Ben Chiarot would be the perfect fit, at least on the ice (i don't know how the money/trade assets would work). He sounds like the ideal partner for Parayko:
SCOUTING REPORT

The problem with Chiarot is he absolutely sucks. He had a nice playoff run when he played with Weber, but has been absolutely atrocious all year. He is very good at being physical and fishing the puck out of his own net.
Who on Montreal has NOT been atrocious this season, though? He's playing the most minutes on the worst team in the league as their de facto top defenseman, which is not the role he should be in. As the more stay-at-home partner to another all-around, but offensive-minded defenseman, he could definitely be a step up over Scandella.

Of course, I'd really love to have Chychrun, but I think he's way out of what the Blues would want to give up.

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:08 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:33 pm

Who on Montreal has NOT been atrocious this season, though? He's playing the most minutes on the worst team in the league as their de facto top defenseman, which is not the role he should be in. As the more stay-at-home partner to another all-around, but offensive-minded defenseman, he could definitely be a step up over Scandella.

Of course, I'd really love to have Chychrun, but I think he's way out of what the Blues would want to give up.
He's worth a fourth round pick and is going to cost a first. Hard pass. He's my nightmare acquisition this deadline.

BillP. wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:42 am POSTED 2/10/22
Faulk is a plus 30 and Krug is a plus 21. Just saw that and that's impressive. Parayko minus 13. Head scratcher......................
Ever since I posted that, Parayko has been on a roll. He's a plus 3 now - Ha
Bill I swear to God if this post reverses that.....

12. St. Louis Blues
Record: 33-17-7
Last week: 13
Dom rank: 11
Sean rank: 10

Most untouchable assets: Jordan Kyrou and Robert Thomas
Least tradeable asset: Jordan Binnington

Dom: Is paying your backup goalie $6 million for five more seasons after this one bad? It seems bad. I guess Ville Husso being a UFA after this year means Binnington will likely just get his job back, but woof, what an eyesore that deal is. His save percentage has declined in every season since his magical run in 2018-19.

He wasn’t the only bad contract option and the Blues are a bit odd that way. There were a lot of choices on both ends of the spectrum and for the most untouchable it was a difficult choice between Kyrou and Thomas. Both players are on identical deals at $2.8 million and are delivering first line value at an extremely cheap price tag.

Sean: Kyrou is still only averaging 16:34 a game. He’s over a point per game anyway.

https://theathletic.com/3177072/2022/03 ... -new-no-1/
Just a Russian propaganda account