Re: 2021 St. Louis Blues Thread

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:06 am
T.C. wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:12 am I like giroux, but he comes here, who do you take out?
Love Giroux. He makes 0 sense to acquire though given a relative scarcity of trade chips that Army would want to part with and the glaring need on the blue line.

Absolutely what I would say. IF The Blues make a trade, it will be only one transaction, and bringing The Blues a Top 4 LHD.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:51 am We're less than a month from the deadline. It seems pretty obvious that the Blues are going to acquire a LD at some point, and probably nothing else of note. The questions are when, and how big of a name. Chiarot has probably been the guy the insiders seem to say is most likely, while Chychrun seems to be the best available in terms of ability/contract. While the Chychrun price tag is the highest, I kind of think that's the deal Armstrong pulls off. It strikes me as a Bouwmeester style deal, which worked out very well. Chiarot on a rental deal reminds me of the Zbynek Michalek deal that was cheaper, but ultimately irrelevant.

The key thing obviously is the price. I don't think the Coyotes are going to get quite what they're asking for Chychrun as the market seems to be flooded for D this year. In addition to the guys we've mentioned, there's also Klingberg, Giordano, Braun, Lindholm, Leddy among others. All those guys are rentals but can make an impact this year.
Market is flooded with dmen but not many as young and signed to a bargain contract as Chychrun. The Kings want him and they have a wealth of talent in the cupboard to make it an easy transaction.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:31 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:51 am We're less than a month from the deadline. It seems pretty obvious that the Blues are going to acquire a LD at some point, and probably nothing else of note. The questions are when, and how big of a name. Chiarot has probably been the guy the insiders seem to say is most likely, while Chychrun seems to be the best available in terms of ability/contract. While the Chychrun price tag is the highest, I kind of think that's the deal Armstrong pulls off. It strikes me as a Bouwmeester style deal, which worked out very well. Chiarot on a rental deal reminds me of the Zbynek Michalek deal that was cheaper, but ultimately irrelevant.

The key thing obviously is the price. I don't think the Coyotes are going to get quite what they're asking for Chychrun as the market seems to be flooded for D this year. In addition to the guys we've mentioned, there's also Klingberg, Giordano, Braun, Lindholm, Leddy among others. All those guys are rentals but can make an impact this year.
Market is flooded with dmen but not many as young and signed to a bargain contract as Chychrun. The Kings want him and they have a wealth of talent in the cupboard to make it an easy transaction.
I wonder what Jamie Oleksiak would cost?

For sure. Some teams definitely have a more robust war chest. Having said that, the Coyotes have said they're looking for "an Eichel package" for Chychrun. That ended up being good position player (Tuch), good prospect (Krebs) a 1 and a 2. If that's the ask and the market is at all diminished I wonder if Army can swing the deal. Maybe Bill Armstrong has a soft spot for one of the guys he drafted here. The Coyotes don't need to deal him until they get the price they want, so it probably won't feel cheap for whoever ends up acquiring Chychrun.. I just feel like when there's a piece that seems like a perfect fit (Bouwmeester, Schenn) Armstrong gets it done. There are probably cases I'm not thinking of where the "perfect fit" got away, along with one (Ryan Miller) where the fit was not as perfect as it appeared, haha.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:38 pm

not a better option than scandella IMO.

Olek has never played more than 69 games in a season and his next highest before that is 56 games which was last year... whats the point of a better dman than scandella if he is never playing
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:55 pm

Olek has never played more than 69 games in a season and his next highest before that is 56 games which was last year... whats the point of a better dman than scandella if he is never playing
He doesn't excite me either. Don't think his contract is too friendly, if I recall correctly.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:10 am

He doesn't excite me either. Don't think his contract is too friendly, if I recall correctly.
Chychrun and Olek both make 4.6 mil/yr... Olek has 4 yrs left after this year as opposed to Chychrun's three. Olek's played more games than Chychrun this year.
Olek plays a more punishing game than Chychrun, and the cost would be more realistic as far as the Blues are concerned. Chychrun's gonna net the Coyotes a shit-load of resources...probably more than DA will pay.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:30 pm

Chychrun and Olek both make 4.6 mil/yr... Olek has 4 yrs left after this year as opposed to Chychrun's three. Olek's played more games than Chychrun this year.
Olek plays a more punishing game than Chychrun, and the cost would be more realistic as far as the Blues are concerned. Chychrun's gonna net the Coyotes a shit-load of resources...probably more than DA will pay.
I wonder what Seattle is asking for Giordano. I assume he has some level of trade protection, but boy would I much rather have him as a rental than Chiarot.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:53 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:30 pm

I wonder what Seattle is asking for Giordano. I assume he has some level of trade protection, but boy would I much rather have him as a rental than Chiarot.
They'll probably get overpaid for him, and he'll walk away after the season. He wouldn't be what I'd go after if I was DA.

Trade rumors from Frank Seravalli:

Again he mentions the Blues interest in Giroux. Regardless of whether or not they need him, I'd be extremely fascinated by what that trade would look like. I'd assume Philly would have to eat some of his cap hit, but there'd still have to be a reasonable amount of money going back to Philly as well. Would it be a bigger deal with other NHL players from Philly involved? The fit still seems odd to me, but we'll see (or more likely, won't). One big benefit to a Giroux deal is that it would keep him out of Colorado, which is probably the team most linked to him at the deadline.

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:48 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:45 pm

I don't know if he's any good or not, but he's 6'5 at least! Always good to have another goalie in the pipeline.
He may be 6'5", but he looks like he's 120 lbs. soaking wet. His arms are as thin as a hockey stick. He's gonna need some mighty big padding to fill out the jersey.
Perspective: 20 years old, 6th round pick (there are only 7 rounds), one game of pro experience, has at least Husso & Binnington & Hofer & Lindgren & Ellis above him on the Blues goalie depth chart. To call this a "depth signing" would be kind. It's more like the coaching staff in Springfield wanted another body for the practice squad to shoot at, or his parents called in a favor to get the kid outta their house.

How the Blues could add
I don't get the sense that St. Louis is willing to part with Ville Husso (though plenty of teams are interested). But I do think Blues GM Doug Armstrong is plotting something to add to his group. Armstrong will claim he has no cap space, but I've heard the Blues are lurking around some big names, like Claude Giroux, and are potentially in the market for blue-line help.

This is a general manager unafraid to do something bold or creative -- just like Tampa Bay GM Julien BriseBois, who is in a similar cap situation. Any coincidence that these are the two most recent Stanley Cup winners?

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/ ... leury-more
Just a Russian propaganda account