Re: Leadership

I'm ok if the Blues trade Backes. Stastny can take that center spot. Then you have Stas and Lehtera as the offensive centers.

Then we should have 2 energy lines. Goc can center one. Who is the other center?

As far as leadership let's assume Oshie and Backes get traded. Do you make Petro the C? Schwartz the alternate? I would be OK with that.

39hurricane wrote:I'm ok if the Blues trade Backes. Stastny can take that center spot. Then you have Stas and Lehtera as the offensive centers.

Then we should have 2 energy lines. Goc can center one. Who is the other center?

As far as leadership let's assume Oshie and Backes get traded. Do you make Petro the C? Schwartz the alternate? I would be OK with that.
I'd be fine with Backes and Oshie both being gone, and we should get some decent players in return if we did that. I'd also be ok with Stastny being in more of a leadership role with the team. But if Hitchcock returns, I don't see Backes leaving, I don't have a clue at this point what the relationship is anymore between Oshie and Hitch (I use to think Oshie was Hitchcock's kind of player, but I'm not sure Oshie likes that anymore.....), and I'm not sure Hitchcock would like Stastny in a leadership role.

Unless there's new news, Sobotka could be a possible center for us again, and I'd like that. I know he's not a difference maker or a leader, but the guy is tenacious as shit and doesn't take any shifts off. If I have to watch my team lose, at least give me guys who are going balls to the wall while doing it.

No C for Petro for my liking. I'd rather see it be Stastny or Shattenkirk.

Qapod The Mortician wrote:
39hurricane wrote:I'm ok if the Blues trade Backes. Stastny can take that center spot. Then you have Stas and Lehtera as the offensive centers.

I'd be fine with Backes and Oshie both being gone, and we should get some decent players in return if we did that. I'd also be ok with Stastny being in more of a leadership role with the team. But if Hitchcock returns, I don't see Backes leaving, I don't have a clue at this point what the relationship is anymore between Oshie and Hitch (I use to think Oshie was Hitchcock's kind of player, but I'm not sure Oshie likes that anymore.....), and I'm not sure Hitchcock would like Stastny in a leadership role.

Unless there's new news, Sobotka could be a possible center for us again, and I'd like that. I know he's not a difference maker or a leader, but the guy is tenacious as shit and doesn't take any shifts off. If I have to watch my team lose, at least give me guys who are going balls to the wall while doing it.

No C for Petro for my liking. I'd rather see it be Stastny or Shattenkirk.
I'd trade Petro even-up for Darnell Nurse, yesterday.

Turk Sanderson wrote: I'd trade Petro even-up for Darnell Nurse, yesterday.
Me too. Imo, trading Petro is essential if the Blues intend to get deep in the playoffs, much less win a cup.
First of all, his "potential" should bring back someone who will make this a stronger team.
Second, his negatives far outweigh his positives. A difference maker, he is not.

39hurricane wrote:Can we get Jack Eichel for Petro?
No way do the Sabres trade that pick. They went through an absolute nightmare season to pick one of these two franchise centers. Petro's a top 10 d-man but Eichel could be one of the top 5 players in the league very soon.