Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs NJ Devils - 7:00 2/10

insideout wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:17 pm Amazingly, the Blues have never had a bad goalie. It's always the the guys in front of goalie. It's so weird that they always bring their A-game in front of Husso. I'll never understand this sport.
I’ve been watching a lot of games where players that are rumored to be on the block are playing, just to guess who the Blues would be interested in. Just watched the Kracken and Coyotes… neither team is any good, but they both play as hard as they can. Can you say that the Blues played this game as hard as they can? Crappy effort after a long break… no sugar-coating it.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:44 pm
insideout wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:17 pm Amazingly, the Blues have never had a bad goalie. It's always the the guys in front of goalie. It's so weird that they always bring their A-game in front of Husso. I'll never understand this sport.
I’ve been watching a lot of games where players that are rumored to be on the block are playing, just to guess who the Blues would be interested in. Just watched the Kracken and Coyotes… neither team is any good, but they both play as hard as they can. Can you say that the Blues played this game as hard as they can? Crappy effort after a long break… no sugar-coating it.
Definitely. Patrick Roy in his prime protecting a knee hockey goal and couldn't have saved this team.

It is true that The Blues' skaters put little energy into this game. But Binnington let in a few bad goals, as well. Both the forwards and defencemen played especially bad in The Neutral Zone, and that carried over into their arriving late into their own zone to defend, and also their being unable to keep The Devils from setting up for shots right in front of the goal and in the slots. They took The Devils too lightly, thinking they could win just by stepping out on the ice. They don't have the killer instinct. They don't want to win badly enough. Let's hope they can trade for not only a high-quality 2-way D-Man who is gritty and also hungry to win The Cup, and can help improve this team's confidence and attitude.

Robb_K wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:18 amIt is true that The Blues' skaters put little energy into this game. But Binnington let in a few bad goals, as well. Both the forwards and defencemen played especially bad in The Neutral Zone, and that carried over into their arriving late into their own zone to defend, and also their being unable to keep The Devils from setting up for shots right in front of the goal and in the slots. They took The Devils too lightly, thinking they could win just by stepping out on the ice. They don't have the killer instinct. They don't want to win badly enough. Let's hope they can trade for not only a high-quality 2-way D-Man who is gritty and also hungry to win The Cup, and can help improve this team's confidence and attitude.
That's it, Robb_K has spoken. Season over, shut 'er down.

It is possible that both the skaters and Binnington played poorly last night. I didn't catch most of the game, just a few minutes in the third. It was enough time to see Binnington give up 2 goals he shouldn't have. For what it's worth, the #fancystats said the Blues had 1.69 expected goals against last night at 5 on 5. They allowed 4.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:00 am It is possible that both the skaters and Binnington played poorly last night. I didn't catch most of the game, just a few minutes in the third. It was enough time to see Binnington give up 2 goals he shouldn't have. For what it's worth, the #fancystats said the Blues had 1.69 expected goals against last night at 5 on 5. They allowed 4.
Great post. And as I said, Im certainly not blaming the loss on one player. It truly took a team effort to be THAT bad. But again, while this is just 1 game for the team and can be chalked up to rust from the layoff, it's not a new thing for Binnington.

Since the Calendar flipped to 2022, he has a gaa over 5!! 5! This is a major concern.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:05 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:00 am It is possible that both the skaters and Binnington played poorly last night. I didn't catch most of the game, just a few minutes in the third. It was enough time to see Binnington give up 2 goals he shouldn't have. For what it's worth, the #fancystats said the Blues had 1.69 expected goals against last night at 5 on 5. They allowed 4.
Great post. And as I said, Im certainly not blaming the loss on one player. It truly took a team effort to be THAT bad. But again, while this is just 1 game for the team and can be chalked up to rust from the layoff, it's not a new thing for Binnington.

Since the Calendar flipped to 2022, he has a gaa over 5!! 5! This is a major concern.
I really liked the decision to give him the start. Let him come out against a subpar opponent missing it's two most dangerous players in Hughes and Hamilton. Seemed like a good idea at the time! The Blues weren't great in front of him apparently, but sometimes you need a guy to make a big save. I'm sure he CAN recover his game, but right now it absolutely needs to be the Husso show.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:25 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:05 am

I really liked the decision to give him the start. Let him come out against a subpar opponent missing it's two most dangerous players in Hughes and Hamilton. Seemed like a good idea at the time! The Blues weren't great in front of him apparently, but sometimes you need a guy to make a big save. I'm sure he CAN recover his game, but right now it absolutely needs to be the Husso show.
They are in two completely different stratosphere's currently.

Husso 1.90 .941
Binner 3.35 .898
Just a Russian propaganda account

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:18 am
Robb_K wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:18 amIt is true that The Blues' skaters put little energy into this game. But Binnington let in a few bad goals, as well. Both the forwards and defencemen played especially bad in The Neutral Zone, and that carried over into their arriving late into their own zone to defend, and also their being unable to keep The Devils from setting up for shots right in front of the goal and in the slots. They took The Devils too lightly, thinking they could win just by stepping out on the ice. They don't have the killer instinct. They don't want to win badly enough. Let's hope they can trade for not only a high-quality 2-way D-Man who is gritty and also hungry to win The Cup, and can help improve this team's confidence and attitude.
That's it, Robb_K has spoken. Season over, shut 'er down.
Where did I state that the lack of energy they showed in this game was permanent? I just suggested that their adding a very solid #2 or #3 D-Man would go a long way to tightening up their team defence, and bring them more confidence, which, in turn, might lead to them getting back their hot streak "Killer Instinct", that will help them in the playoffs - maybe spur them onto a long playoff run, and allow them to compete on an even level with the best of The Stanley Cup contenders.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:20 am I feel like every Blues fan comes back from vacation and nails work on the first day back with maximum effort and gleaming results.
You should try that approach at the Back Door...Walk up on the stage and just stand around for whatever your allotted time is, and when you leave the stage, tell the crowd " Sorry, I just got back from vacation, and I didn't really feel like trying to make you laugh."