Re: Official 2015 St. Louis Blues Offseason Rumor Thread

I see a number of scenarios calling for new players. While I'd love to see guys like RNH, Eberle, Malkin, Wingels, Burns, etc., I don't get a warm fuzzy with that route. We have to clear a lot of cap space to sign Tarasenko etc., plus Stillman spent to the cap and was not rewarded with the expected deep playoff run to balance the books a little closer.

I'd like to see them package a deal to get back in the 2015 first round. It's the deepest draft in over a decade, and would clear necessary salary to take care of our own signings, while easing some burden on Stillman.

NHLTIM wrote:Tank needs to sign so we can land Williams on July 1st. Tank better not fock that up!!!
You know that if we landed Williams he'd sign a three years deal and spend about 60% of it on the IR. :lol:
Not that I'm against signing him but I can see him breaking down badly the next few years, he had injury trouble his whole career until he got to LA and got hooked up with their top notch dope guys. :D

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:I see a number of scenarios calling for new players. While I'd love to see guys like RNH, Eberle, Malkin, Wingels, Burns, etc., I don't get a warm fuzzy with that route. We have to clear a lot of cap space to sign Tarasenko etc., plus Stillman spent to the cap and was not rewarded with the expected deep playoff run to balance the books a little closer.

I'd like to see them package a deal to get back in the 2015 first round. It's the deepest draft in over a decade, and would clear necessary salary to take care of our own signings, while easing some burden on Stillman.
Those are really good points and I would be okay with getting a 1st round pick out of trading a package centered around someone like Oshie.

ratonmono wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:Tank needs to sign so we can land Williams on July 1st. Tank better not fock that up!!!
You know that if we landed Williams he'd sign a three years deal and spend about 60% of it on the IR. :lol:
Not that I'm against signing him but I can see him breaking down badly the next few years, he had injury trouble his whole career until he got to LA and got hooked up with their top notch dope guys. :D
Well hopefully Missouri becomes a bit more progressive in 15-16 so the Blues can legally hire some of those top notch dope doctors 8-)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

ratonmono wrote:
Something tells me Williams would be a disappointment. LA got his best years and perhaps they're smart enough to know when it's time to move on.

bradleygt89 wrote:
ratonmono wrote:
Well hopefully Missouri becomes a bit more progressive in 15-16 so the Blues can legally hire some of those top notch dope doctors 8-)
I'm not sure any state is going to legalize coke/molly/HGH/roids. :D Let's just say that the NHL's drug testing policy is a complete and utter joke.

insideout wrote:
ratonmono wrote:
Something tells me Williams would be a disappointment. LA got his best years and perhaps they're smart enough to know when it's time to move on.
Disappointment? 80% of our current roster is a disappointment. We don't need him to be the regular season Justin Williams...we just need him to be the playoff Justin Williams.
As long as Williams gives us 70 games and 15 goals, I want him in that locker room, especially come playoff time next year. Blues should make every effort to get this guy signed.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

ratonmono wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:Eklund must be reading this forum because he's reporting today that the Blues are the favorite to land Williams! :lol:
It makes perfect sense logically. Blues can't score in playoffs, so try and add one of the best playoff scorers.
I'm all for it, but you just know that somehow it won't work out the way we envisioned. Nothing ever seems to for this team. :lol: :cry:
I hate you...for being right. BUT, for every night there is a dawn....I mean, this cannot go on forever right??!!??
"Do Only Good Everyday"