The NTC

First, I miss capgeek terribly. RIP, a great hockey guy taken way to early.

Second, if I were Tom and Army I would tell all the guys with a NTC to surrender it for the summer. Sure they earned it at some point but those days are gone. 3 early exits where the highest paid and best players don't elevate this team to a second round.

From memory it's Bouw Backes Steen and some others I can't recall. Bergy has one that kicks in on 7/1.

Army needs room to make some deals. I'm not saying blow this team up but something serious needs to be done.

I'm really wondering if we can keep Shatty and Petro on the right side. I would hate to give up 27, but Shatty's play and Petros contract make it possible.

A trade that includes Petro would return a true superstar.

Re: The NTC

39hurricane wrote:First, I miss capgeek terribly. RIP, a great hockey guy taken way to early.

Second, if I were Tom and Army I would tell all the guys with a NTC to surrender it for the summer. Sure they earned it at some point but those days are gone. 3 early exits where the highest paid and best players don't elevate this team to a second round.

From memory it's Bouw Backes Steen and some others I can't recall. Bergy has one that kicks in on 7/1.

Army needs room to make some deals. I'm not saying blow this team up but something serious needs to be done.

I'm really wondering if we can keep Shatty and Petro on the right side. I would hate to give up 27, but Shatty's play and Petros contract make it possible.

No doubt 27 would fetch quite the return, but we would then spend the next six years trying to find another Pietrangelo.

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:
39hurricane wrote:First, I miss capgeek terribly. RIP, a great hockey guy taken way to early.

No doubt 27 would fetch quite the return, but we would then spend the next six years trying to find another Pietrangelo.
Jmo, but I'm not sure why we would want another Petro.
A difference maker, yes. Petro? No

barnburner wrote:
SickMittsRomKnee wrote:

Jmo, but I'm not sure why we would want another Petro.
A difference maker, yes. Petro? No
Remember when he was discussed in the Doughty/Keith/Subban echelon of Norris candidate defenseman? Seems like an eternity ago. I wouldn't mind moving Petro one bit. He'll bring a big return and Shatty has proven to have higher upside. At some point you won't be able to afford both of them.

Can you blow the team up? I know passions are running high, but reality has to rule. Is it even possible to blow a team up with the available talent and cap issues? I am sure you could play all kids and burn a few season. Is it possible to re-build on the fly any more? I'll take my answer off the air.

CaptSMRT wrote:Can you blow the team up? I know passions are running high, but reality has to rule. Is it even possible to blow a team up with the available talent and cap issues? I am sure you could play all kids and burn a few season. Is it possible to re-build on the fly any more? I'll take my answer off the air.
It seems that Calgary has done a nice job of a quick re-build. They're in the second round of the playoffs!

Army can ask players to waive their NTCs but their under no obligation to do so.

Capgeek is still around...sort of.
http://web.archive.org/web/201411240614 ... com/blues/

This shows that Stastny, Steen, Backes and Bouwmeester have current NTCs (but no details on if they're full NTCs, partial, etc.).

Bergy's goes into effect on 7/1/15 but he can only list 7 teams he can't be traded to so that still leaves another 22 teams he can be traded to.

Petro's NTC doesn't start until the 2017-18 season.

I'm definitely not saying blow the team up. I'm saying give Army the ability to make bigger hockey trades.

The best players, who get paid the most, didn't show up when it counted most, have the NTC.

Let's say the Blues bring in Bortz Lindbohlm Jaskin and Fabbri, then somebody has to go.

I'm saying Petro because Shatty is playing so well and his contract is much better.

If you could get Malkin or Jack Eichel for Petro wouldn't you do it?