2015 NHL Entry Draft

Who do you like? I know we don't (yet) have a 1st round pick, but outside of the Top 10, who holds your interest? For me:

Pavel Zacha - Big pivot with good speed, his stock has been all over the place this year. Craig Button had him at #30 in his final pre-lottery list, but had him 9th in his post-lottery mock draft. Most services have him in the #10 range, but if we get back into the middle of the 1st Round he'd be an interesting grab if he's still on the board.

Timo Meier - Perhaps the most gifted "big man" in the draft behind Zacha, Meier seems to fit the bill for the ever dwindling power forward role. Nice hands for a big guys and excellent on-ice awareness. Plays pretty solid defense, too, for being so good on the offensive end of the ice.

Conor Garland - It looks like he is going to go somewhere in the 2nd round this year after going undrafted last year. He should track down Tyler Johnson and Johnny Gaudreau and buy them each a steak dinner (a petite filet should do it) for raising his draft stock higher than his performance in the Q this year could have ever done.

Paul Bittner - Not as much of a force in the playoffs this year as I would have expected, but he could be a good get late in Round 1. Has the size and skills to be the next Nick Ritchie.

Re: 2015 NHL Entry Draft

MissouriMook wrote:Who do you like? I know we don't (yet) have a 1st round pick, but outside of the Top 10, who holds your interest? For me:

Pavel Zacha - Big pivot with good speed, his stock has been all over the place this year. Craig Button had him at #30 in his final pre-lottery list, but had him 9th in his post-lottery mock draft. Most services have him in the #10 range, but if we get back into the middle of the 1st Round he'd be an interesting grab if he's still on the board.

Timo Meier - Perhaps the most gifted "big man" in the draft behind Zacha, Meier seems to fit the bill for the ever dwindling power forward role. Nice hands for a big guys and excellent on-ice awareness. Plays pretty solid defense, too, for being so good on the offensive end of the ice.

Conor Garland - It looks like he is going to go somewhere in the 2nd round this year after going undrafted last year. He should track down Tyler Johnson and Johnny Gaudreau and buy them each a steak dinner (a petite filet should do it) for raising his draft stock higher than his performance in the Q this year could have ever done.

Paul Bittner - Not as much of a force in the playoffs this year as I would have expected, but he could be a good get late in Round 1. Has the size and skills to be the next Nick Ritchie.
I am glad you brought him up. I watched Moncton a lot this year and the kid's hands are unbelievable. Some of the best I have ever seen. I didn't know his draft stock had shot up so high. He was a guy I figured you would take a flyer on in the late rounds because of his size.

It would definitely be interesting to see if his and Barbashev's chemistry translated to the NHL.

Ok, so I've mentioned him before, but I'm in love with Mitch Marner.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=758654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In a straight way at least. Anyways, I know there's no chance the Blues get him, but I think he'll be a very good player at the NHL level. He's a center who has played wing before, and I still think he's the next Kane.

Ok so I would guess we would get somewhere between 15-30. My personal favorite depending on where the pick would be is Oliver Kylington. He's a D-man, and he's fallen a bit in rankings largely due to an injury and missing the WJCs, but I think he's going to be a stud as well.
Last edited by Oates2Hullie450 on Fri May 01, 2015 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote:Ok, so I've mentioned him before, but I'm in love with Mitch Marner.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=758654" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In a straight way at least. Anyways, I know there's no chance the Blues get him, but I think he'll be a very good player at the NHL level. He's a center who has played wing before, and I still think he's the next Kane.

Ok so I would guess we woul get somewhere between 15-30. My personal favorite depending on where the pick would be is Oliver Kylington. He's a D-man, but he's fallen a bit in rankings largely due to an injury and missing the WJCs, but I think he's going to be a stud as well.
I would take Marner over Strome and Hanifin. I think he's going to be a star.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"