A sobering stat

Or maybe it's a stat that will make you not want to be sober...

The last time the Blues one a second round GAME was May 7th, 2002.

Game, not series. We're talking about a game.

:shock:

Kids have been born and are now almost teenagers and have never witnessed a second round win for the Blues

Re: A sobering stat

I remember that post season well. I was still in undergrad. Demitra surprisingly had 11 points in 10 playoff games. Even more surprising, Tkachuck had 10 points in 10 games. Mellanby was really good as well. In fact, you can make an argument that line was the best in hockey that year.

Blues still lost but at least they won one game in the second round.

Doug Weight with a tremendous effort of two points in 10 games.

Seems like a lifetime ago.

MIZDSP wrote:I remember my 11 year old self foolishly thinking we could beat the Avalnache in 2001 because Forsberg had his spleen removed and couldn't play against us. That team was just ridiculously stacked.
Colorado scored 3 goals in every game except the clincher. That was a tough series to swallow because we had just swept a Modano-less Stars team in the second round after avenging the Sharks in the first round. I thought they were on a mission but that Avs team was just brutal, and had the media hype of 'get Ray Borque a Cup' behind them. We actually scored 11 goals in that series against Roy in 5 games, which isn't bad, but when you give up 18, you're bound to lose.

Ladislav Bonita wrote:I remember that post season well. I was still in undergrad. Demitra surprisingly had 11 points in 10 playoff games. Even more surprising, Tkachuck had 10 points in 10 games. Mellanby was really good as well. In fact, you can make an argument that line was the best in hockey that year.

Get the hell out. Did he really?

Man in the box wrote:
Ladislav Bonita wrote:I remember that post season well. I was still in undergrad. Demitra surprisingly had 11 points in 10 playoff games. Even more surprising, Tkachuck had 10 points in 10 games. Mellanby was really good as well. In fact, you can make an argument that line was the best in hockey that year.

Get the hell out. Did he really?
I remember the net-front battles between Walt and Foote being pretty epic.

I know it's been over a decade but that team still annoys me.

One year Demitra and Tkachuck show up and produce at a point per game while Dough Weight sucks.

The very next year Demitra and Tkachuck blame everything on the flu while Weight nearly carried the team past the Vandoucher Cansucks.

It's always something with the Blues.