Re: Jeff Gordon's Blues grades

wizard pork sword wrote:Jeff Gordon is probably the biggest hack in St Louis. Regardless of these grades or not.

I agree......thought will admit that I was reading those and thought he had done a pretty good job. But yeah, then I hit the Gunnarson grade and I remembered what an idiot Gordo is.

Matangama wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:Jeff Gordon is probably the biggest hack in St Louis. Regardless of these grades or not.

I agree......thought will admit that I was reading those and thought he had done a pretty good job. But yeah, then I hit the Gunnarson grade and I remembered what an idiot Gordo is.
It's kind of a shame because I remember many moons ago when he would drop into the hockey forums to do Q&A's and he seemed pretty knowledgeable then. Now he's borderline unreadable.

UMSLBlues12 wrote:Even more mind boggling to me is Bortuzzo's. Most of us expected hardly anything from the guy, but he added a much needed piece to our defense and our team played much better with him in the lineup. How that equates to a C+ I don't understand.

The curious part with that grade is everything he said about he was positive. That he exceeded expectations and added toughness.

I think most of the grades are pretty fair. Saying Gunnarsson was a huge upgrade from Polak is a head scratcher, but otherwise I'm fine with everything.

Remember that 'C' is average in the world of grades. Giving Bortuzzo a C+ is slightly above average, which is fair. He brought a spark to the team, but it's not like he played like an elite defender. Same with Jaskin. He showed flashes of what we hope he can become, but he wasn't consistent enough over the year.

Tarasenko - A-
Schwartz - A-
Steen - A-
Backes - B
Lehtera - B
Reaves - B
Oshie - C
Jaskin - C
Porter - C
Goc - C
Ott - D+
Stastny - D+
Berglund - D+
Jokinen - Incomplete

Shattenkirk - A
Pietrangelo - B+
Gunnarsson - B
Bortuzzo - C+
Michalek - C+
Butler - C+
Jackman - C
Bouwmeester - D

Allen - B-
Elliott - C

Hitchcock - C
Armstrong - C

bluetuned wrote:No they're for the full year. For Hitch he specified that he deserved an 'A' for the regular season and an 'F' for the playoffs.
ok, that rationale explains oshie's grade as well, but i don't get how ott ends up with a D+, or how berglund ends up with a D+. i mean, he was F- 90% of the season, then B+ in the playoffs. that doesn't average out to D+. but whatever, it's gordo. i swear he just copies & pastes the same column this time every year when we lose.