Re: Untold: Crime & Penalties

I don't know, I think it is part of the colorful story of minor league hockey. I followed more of the IHL, AHL an ECHL in those days, as you can probably figure out from my screen name. 😀

That kind of stuff has always been a part of minor league hockey, especially in the 80's and 90's. Even the crazy organized crime part is not that uncommon in small town pro sports.

I liked it personally but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Rivermanfan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:59 pm I don't know, I think it is part of the colorful story of minor league hockey. I followed more of the IHL, AHL an ECHL in those days, as you can probably figure out from my screen name. 😀

That kind of stuff has always been a part of minor league hockey, especially in the 80's and 90's. Even the crazy organized crime part is not that uncommon in small town pro sports.

I liked it personally but everyone is entitled to their own opinions.
The NHL has had it's share of shady owners too.

Well, I’m kind of more interested in the part where he decides to let his young son run the team, where he treats it like he’s trying to build his NHL2K fantasy roster up, then tells everyone to drop the gloves at the first whistle. Because, that’s exactly what I would have done. The Charlestown Chiefs had a lot of fans come to their games for one reason. It saved the franchise, you know.