Re: Non-Blues Offseason Trades/Signings/Rumors

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:28 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:52 am Seth Jones had that 57 point season in 17-18 and his play has trended down each year culminating in being spectacularly average last season. The Hawks will regret that contract.
The Hawks are shit. That trade on their part was hideous. Organization is completely clueless.
Trying to deflect attention away from their sexual harassment accusations
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:06 pm Boston's not qualifying Nick Ritchie.... Hmmmmm.
After this just a couple of days ago:

https://bostonhockeynow.com/2021/07/22/ ... e-ritchie/

Kase also not qualified, though his best move is probably to retire for his health. Sad, but concussions are serious business.

As for Ritchie, the only thing I can think is that they were pretty sure he'd make a ton in arbitration, and they are planning some moves that require them knowing exactly how much cap space they're going to have. Any other ideas?

T.C. wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:12 am They saw the Kraken lineup and said fuck it.
😂

Seattle fans are in for a shock when free agency rolls around. Schwartz met with Seattle and had a good meeting with them but he wants to wait and see who else they sign. I suspect other free agents feel the same, and Schwartz isn't exactly a marquee name.

I thought Coyotes just did a rebuild? They are perpetually rebuilding. Maybe Shane Doan is available.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:03 am
T.C. wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:12 am They saw the Kraken lineup and said fuck it.
😂

Seattle fans are in for a shock when free agency rolls around. Schwartz met with Seattle and had a good meeting with them but he wants to wait and see who else they sign. I suspect other free agents feel the same, and Schwartz isn't exactly a marquee name.

I thought Coyotes just did a rebuild? They are perpetually rebuilding. Maybe Shane Doan is available.
Conspiracy to move? Losing money?

BillP. wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 am
😂

They hired an inexperienced GM that was in over his head, his rebuild didn't work because he didn't know what he was doing. He didn't hit on enough prospects and added a bunch of old guys that were past their prime. Time to rebuild. Now they hired a new guy on the cheap (but qualified) and he wants to build from the ground up. He's doing the right thing. They've always been on a budget and will be until they get an arena in a better location. Until then, the only way for them to win is have a bunch of kids develop at the same time. Can't do that without a bunch of picks. They're doing a much better job of using their cap space to take on bad contracts for assets than some other teams in similar situations. For instance if Seattle doesn't hit on a bunch of big UFAs, they'll have wasted a literal once in a franchise opportunity to stockpile picks/prospects to build on.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:41 am

😂

They hired an inexperienced GM that was in over his head, his rebuild didn't work because he didn't know what he was doing. He didn't hit on enough prospects and added a bunch of old guys that were past their prime. Time to rebuild. Now they hired a new guy on the cheap (but qualified) and he wants to build from the ground up. He's doing the right thing. They've always been on a budget and will be until they get an arena in a better location. Until then, the only way for them to win is have a bunch of kids develop at the same time. Can't do that without a bunch of picks. They're doing a much better job of using their cap space to take on bad contracts for assets than some other teams in similar situations. For instance if Seattle doesn't hit on a bunch of big UFAs, they'll have wasted a literal once in a franchise opportunity to stockpile picks/prospects to build on.
I guess we will know in about ten years.

Also, Bettman will never let the Coyotes leave Arizona as long as he is alive so Armstrong should have the time to do it if the ownership has the patience.

I think Seattle really messed up bad. Vegas did a really good job with their mix of talent in their draft I'm not sure what Seattle was trying to do.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:51 am

I guess we will know in about ten years.

Also, Bettman will never let the Coyotes leave Arizona as long as he is alive so Armstrong should have the time to do it if the ownership has the patience.

I think Seattle really messed up bad. Vegas did a really good job with their mix of talent in their draft I'm not sure what Seattle was trying to do.
Everything you said is correct. If Seattle gets Landeskog Hamilton and Schwartz, I get it. If not, big whiff.

😂

The right way? They've been doing it this way since Pronger and Ducksoup played in the league. They are a franchise that has zero interest in competing, any players they do develop(which is few) end up else where. They are an embarrassment to the league and solely exist to be a bad contracts boneyard. I feel bad for their fans.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:33 am

The right way? They've been doing it this way since Pronger and Ducksoup played in the league. They are a franchise that has zero interest in competing, any players they do develop(which is few) end up else where. They are an embarrassment to the league and solely exist to be a bad contracts boneyard. I feel bad for their fans.
Oh they're absolutely an embarassment to the league, but those are the conditions they have to deal with. Chayka traded picks and prospects for Hall and Kessel despite not being close. Traded away picks and prospect for Stepan (and Raanta) despite not being close. Same thing to a lesser extent in acquiring Hjalmarsson from Hawks. He wanted to run before he crawled. If you want to win on a budget, you have to draft and develop well. You need picks for that. This is what they're doing.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:51 am
usmcaaron wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:46 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:57 am That is straight cold blooded....sure its a business...but players are humans.

Between this and Nate Schmidt getting jettisoned so they could sign Petro, Vegas is getting a rep for lack of loyalty.

Screenshot_20210727-114238_Samsung Internet.jpg
No sentimentality there at all. Players remember this kind of treatment.
Besides Petro & Stone, no one else on Vegas has a No-Move or a Full No-Trade clause. Couple guys with partials, but for 99% of that roster, I don't know how you could feel secure in your standing with the team. Who knows when you're shipped out, & who knows if they'll even TELL you 1st?