Re: Non-Blues Offseason Trades/Signings/Rumors

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:22 am
BillP. wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:45 pm Chicago doesn’t know what the fuck they’re doing over there.
That seems like a lot of money. Didn't they learn anything from their last big contracts?
Hell of a deal for Columbus. Boqvist is a good player who’s only going to get better. Plus the picks. What a deal.

Hawks are fucked up. Are you rebuilding or not? They go this way, they go that way. They will be out of the playoffs for a long time.

Elliott Friedman predictions this morn:
Dougie Hamilton: New Jersey

David Savard: Montreal

Gabriel Landeskog: not hugely confident in this prediction, but he and Colorado find a way

Blake Coleman: the prediction is, he gets 6×5

Jaden Schwartz: Seattle, basically done during the Kraken’s exclusive window

Brandon Saad: St. Louis, Islanders, Pittsburgh or Los Angeles

Kyle Palmieri: haven’t heard a thing, which means the Islanders probably have him locked up

Phillip Danault: Los Angeles takes a surprise look

Alec Martinez: stays in Vegas

Alex Goligoski: Minnesota

Derek Forbort: Boston

Zach Hyman: Edmonton. Makes me feel I’m getting one right

Alexander Ovechkin: 3×10 to stay in Washington

Ryan Suter: Dallas

Florida: locks up Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart and Carter Verhaeghe.

Trades…

Ryan Strome: Seattle, Vegas or Ottawa.

Vladimir Tarasenko: Islanders or New Jersey. I think both those teams add something
Color me uninspired...

usmcaaron wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:30 am Elliott Friedman predictions this morn:

Gabriel Landeskog: not hugely confident in this prediction, but he and Colorado find a way

Kyle Palmieri: haven’t heard a thing, which means the Islanders probably have him locked up

Trades…

Vladimir Tarasenko: Islanders or New Jersey. I think both those teams add something
Color me uninspired...
Thanks for list.

Will Blues fans be happy with Sadd? :)

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:07 am
usmcaaron wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:30 am Elliott Friedman predictions this morn:

Trades…

Color me uninspired...
Thanks for list.

Assuming that's the "big" FA signing, I'd expect they'll bring back Bozak on the cheap.

So these are the lines, I guess? Maybe depending on what comes back in the eventual Tarasenko deal.....

Saad - O'Reilly - Perron
Schenn - Thomas - Buchnevich
Sanford - Bozak - Kyrou
Barbashev - Sunny - Kostin

That LW really needs more work.

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:07 am

Trades…

Color me uninspired...
Thanks for list.

I thought he'd be a great fit here a few weeks ago. Speed and scoring on the left side sounds good to me, I think it makes a lot of sense. The return on that Tarasenko deal will be interesting. Schwartz heading to Seattle has been rumored for a while. He probably has a couple good years left, but we got his best years. Thanks for carrying the team the first half of the 2019 playoff run.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:26 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:02 am
That's pretty decent. Especially if he really has turned the corner. He was a world beater for them a la Messier when he got there.
Yeah, I had always hoped the Blues would take a run at him because he just seemed like a guy that really needed a new home to jump start his career.
Just a Russian propaganda account

usmcaaron wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:21 am Assuming that's the "big" FA signing, I'd expect they'll bring back Bozak on the cheap.

So these are the lines, I guess? Maybe depending on what comes back in the eventual Tarasenko deal.....

Saad - O'Reilly - Perron
Sanford - Bozak - Kyrou

If the Isles/Devils are both angling to trade for Tarasenko, can we expect something like the Athletic proposed:
ISLANDERS - Potential trade package: Right-shot defenseman Noah Dobson, left winger Michael Dal Colle
What would we look for from New Jersey, Michael McCleod? Nolan Foote? Ryan Graves? Kevin Bahl?

RAFritchey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:27 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:21 am Assuming that's the "big" FA signing, I'd expect they'll bring back Bozak on the cheap.

Saad - O'Reilly - Perron
Sanford - Bozak - Kyrou

If the Isles/Devils are both angling to trade for Tarasenko, can we expect something like the Athletic proposed:
ISLANDERS - Potential trade package: Right-shot defenseman Noah Dobson, left winger Michael Dal Colle
What would we look for from New Jersey, Michael McCleod? Nolan Foote? Ryan Graves? Kevin Bahl?
If we get Noah Dobson then I call this a good to great off season for Army. I say potentially great because it's not over yet.

RAFritchey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:27 pm

Saad - O'Reilly - Perron
Sanford - Bozak - Kyrou

I've seen it posted (but not verified) that the hold up between Stl/NYI is Dobson. Blues want him. Lou doesn't wanna let him go.

As far as NJ, Ty Smith would be the Dobson comparable, and Andres Johansson? maybe for Dal Colle