Re: 2021 Expansion Draft

ratonmono wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:59 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:40 am I wonder how expensive it would be to get Seattle to agree to draft Scandella. Probably a lot more than it'd be worth.
Way more than it’s worth. Just let them take Tarasenko or Dunn and move forward. If they take Tarasenko we can trade Dunn or keep him. If they take Dunn we will have to find a taker for Vlad, just hope they take #91.
I'd prefer they take Dunn. Neither will play another game for the Blues, but I feel like Tarasenko gets you more in a trade. Dunn torpedoed his trade value last year with a lousy season. Tarasenko is a big wildcard for any team trading for him with his health and potential grumpiness, but there aren't a lot of guys in the league that can score easy goals, and he's one of them when healthy.

I just don't understand why you protect Barbashev over Tarasenko unless you're sure they're not taking Dunn for some reason. Even so, if you lose Barbashev, the return on a Tarasenko trade will almost assuredly be of greater value. Barbashev is a good team player, but he's a fourth liner when the team is healthy, and is the definition of replaceable. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:11 am I firmly believe if Seattle take Tarasenko the Blues will end up with either first choice Landeskog, or a guy I feel like Army has been chasing for half a decade in Hall as his second choice.

If not, and we just use the money on Schwartz, we’re drawing dead.
Good point. If Army misses on Landeskog, he'll look down the Hall :)
Forgot he was still an option. Boston isn't all that hyped to resign him are they? I think that cooled off, didn't it?

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:37 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:11 am I firmly believe if Seattle take Tarasenko the Blues will end up with either first choice Landeskog, or a guy I feel like Army has been chasing for half a decade in Hall as his second choice.

Forgot he was still an option. Boston isn't all that hyped to resign him are they? I think that cooled off, didn't it?
Boston is super hyped to resign him, and he's pretty much said he'll sign there for less than market price. I'd imagine they have a deal worked out already, but were waiting until after the expansion draft so they didn't have to protect him.

I'm of the belief that if Hall wanted to be here, he'd have been here by now.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:08 am

I'm of the belief that if Hall wanted to be here, he'd have been here by now.
He would have if Shattenkirk didn’t block the deal
Just a Russian propaganda account

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:35 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:03 am
usmcaaron wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:42 am

It seems insane to me that Armstrong wouldn't have traded Tarasenko for a package that included #13. I know there's the timing of the expansion draft, but you can massage that.
Philly is on the hook for Voracek's $8,250,000, for 3 more years... #13 is the price to make that go away.
Yup, and if I'm the Blues who still have a window open for another Cup, I'm not taking on a shit contract to pick up some draft picks. I'm sure this deal was offered to Army. Especially in a draft year with SO many questions.

Army doesn't have to deal him right now...he can wait for the trade deadline, this year or at next year's draft or trade deadline. IF Vova screws the pooch it only results in a much lesser contract for him in two years. If he gets dealt or if he stays, he still has to prove himself. There's enough coin coming off the books to still do a lot of good things before the season starts.... I doubt that he's Seattle's pick from us.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:18 pm Army doesn't have to deal him right now...he can wait for the trade deadline, this year or at next year's draft or trade deadline. IF Vova screws the pooch it only results in a much lesser contract for him in two years. If he gets dealt or if he stays, he still has to prove himself. There's enough coin coming off the books to still do a lot of good things before the season starts.... I doubt that he's Seattle's pick from us.
Hell no...get that clown out of here as fast as you can. He already doesn’t get along with core guys on the team as has been reported. You don’t want this festering any longer than it has too.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:35 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:18 pm Army doesn't have to deal him right now...he can wait for the trade deadline, this year or at next year's draft or trade deadline. IF Vova screws the pooch it only results in a much lesser contract for him in two years. If he gets dealt or if he stays, he still has to prove himself. There's enough coin coming off the books to still do a lot of good things before the season starts.... I doubt that he's Seattle's pick from us.
Hell no...get that clown out of here as fast as you can. He already doesn’t get along with core guys on the team as has been reported. You don’t want this festering any longer than it has too.
Army isn't gonna pay to make him go away...I just don't see that happening.

The fact that he didn't get along with Backes before lets me know I'll always be on Tarasenko's side. If someone doesn't like Vlad, that's a problem with them, not Tarasenko.

People make a big deal out of him not being happy he wasn't captain like they wouldn't have that exact same emotion if it wasn't them?? Go to your job, be one of the best in the biz and then get passed up for the promotion by the new hot shot in the office. I'd be more worried if he wasn't pissed by it.

Edit: THAT said, I completely agree he needs to be moved and you don't bring him back to the locker room. Nothing good will come of that.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:45 pm
The fact that he didn't get along with Backes before lets me know I'll always be on Tarasenko's side. If someone doesn't like Vlad, that's a problem with them, not Tarasenko.

People make a big deal out of him not being happy he wasn't captain like they wouldn't have that exact same emotion if it wasn't them?? Go to your job, be one of the best in the biz and then get passed up for the promotion by the new hot shot in the office. I'd be more worried if he wasn't pissed by it.
Ok, but what if you kick ass at your job then get passed over for a promotion after you're not at the office for an entire year? I think the captain stuff is silly and doesn't bother me, but he can't play another game for the Blues. Then again I liked Backes aside from rarely getting the timing right on defending a teammate vs. take the power play, but that could be a foggy memory too.

Anyway there are a few reasons you can't hang onto him, partially because it's unlikely his value gets any higher if he's pouting around the ice in October. It's not about giving him a fresh start, it's about maximizing value. Sounds like Seattle's taking him, so whatever, use the cap space wisely I guess.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:52 pm

Ok, but what if you kick ass at your job then get passed over for a promotion after you're not at the office for an entire year? I think the captain stuff is silly and doesn't bother me, but he can't play another game for the Blues. Then again I liked Backes aside from rarely getting the timing right on defending a teammate vs. take the power play, but that could be a foggy memory too.

Anyway there are a few reasons you can't hang onto him, partially because it's unlikely his value gets any higher if he's pouting around the ice in October. It's not about giving him a fresh start, it's about maximizing value. Sounds like Seattle's taking him, so whatever, use the cap space wisely I guess.
Yeah, I added my Edit after I hit send. I completely agree that under no scenario can he come back.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:05 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:52 pm

Yeah, I added my Edit after I hit send. I completely agree that under no scenario can he come back.
Word.

We thought it might be a wild offseason a few months ago. Turns out we were right. Hopefully it's not wild and disastrous as well.

I wonder what "doesn't get along" with Tarasenko means. I mean, he doesn't strike me as a guy that would cause shit. Maybe he doesn't talk, maybe he just goes his own way, maybe he doesn't play buddy buddy, but Vladi seems like a guy that doesn't say much anyway. To me that's just a guy being who he is. So this "doesn't get along" stuff might be something that just got overblown and now it is an issue. Just sayin..................

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:45 pm I wonder what "doesn't get along" with Tarasenko means. I mean, he doesn't strike me as a guy that would cause shit. Maybe he doesn't talk, maybe he just goes his own way, maybe he doesn't play buddy buddy, but Vladi seems like a guy that doesn't say much anyway. To me that's just a guy being who he is. So this "doesn't get along" stuff might be something that just got overblown and now it is an issue. Just sayin..................
Totally... unless i see it myself. I'm not believing it. A lot of this shit gets stirred up to sell clicks and subscriptions... and if the team Dr.s fucked up his shoulder a for a couple of years, they'd probably want you to believe it's something else, too. I haven't seen any hatred on the ice... he was a big part of the only LSC the Blues have ever won. I ain't gonna dog on him for being pissed at the organization over the botched medical stuff. If he wants moved, Army will move him, but on his terms, not 91's.

There’s been rumors for a few years now that Tarasenko doesn’t get along with his team mates. Just rumors. They liked each other just fine in the spring of 2019. Now it seems the major issue is the surgery’s and the new agent. Whatever. Just close the door on the guy already. For a long while he was my favorite Blue and I’m not shedding tears over his departure. We’ve waved goodbye to far far better players before. Even when healthy he’s more of a 30-30-60 guy now anyway. Losing Petro and Bo were far bigger losses.

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:45 pm I wonder what "doesn't get along" with Tarasenko means. I mean, he doesn't strike me as a guy that would cause shit. Maybe he doesn't talk, maybe he just goes his own way, maybe he doesn't play buddy buddy, but Vladi seems like a guy that doesn't say much anyway. To me that's just a guy being who he is. So this "doesn't get along" stuff might be something that just got overblown and now it is an issue. Just sayin..................
I don't think he's the kind who is combative or "a shit-stirrer", but I can certainly see where some on the team with lesser skill could resent Tarasenko for not giving max effort every shift. It's no different than any work place. If an important member of any team excels at their job, but doesn't put those skills to work all the time, it can rub the rest of the workers wrong. Maybe that's been brought up to Tarasenko, & he was less-than-receptive about it. That doesn't mean they all hate each other. There might just be underlying resentment & tension, on top of the no-captaincy junk.

Or maybe they all adore him, and there's no truth to the rumor. Who knows?

I'm with Tim and Barnburner. Hope to God Seattle takes him and it solves all kinds of problems for us. Tarasenko is basically just a good shot now. He doesn't have the foot speed to create offence on his own anymore (and in all honestly, I don't think he has for the last 3-4 years). One of the best shots in the game, but he can't get himself in positions to use it like he use to.

Vladdy was always good at saying the right thing to reporters around here, but rarely practiced what he preached on the ice. I'm not worried about him being pissed that he wasn't selected captain, but I am worried that he'd be dumb enough not to see that ROR was the obvious choice and a 100 times more qualified for the job than he was.

Great player for the Blues for a number of years but he's a shell of what he used to be.

Beatoni12 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:23 pm I'm with Tim and Barnburner. Hope to God Seattle takes him and it solves all kinds of problems for us. Tarasenko is basically just a good shot now. He doesn't have the foot speed to create offence on his own anymore (and in all honestly, I don't think he has for the last 3-4 years). One of the best shots in the game, but he can't get himself in positions to use it like he use to.

Vladdy was always good at saying the right thing to reporters around here, but rarely practiced what he preached on the ice. I'm not worried about him being pissed that he wasn't selected captain, but I am worried that he'd be dumb enough not to see that ROR was the obvious choice and a 100 times more qualified for the job than he was.

Great player for the Blues for a number of years but he's a shell of what he used to be.
Tarasenko's heavily rumoured to be taken by Seattle in the draft, and traded to The Flyers for Voracek. If I were The Kraken, I would take him rather than Dunn. There are a LOT of good NHL defencemen available for them to grab. We know at least one of 31 other NHL teams will be willing to gamble on Tarasenko returning to at least 80% of what he was 3 years ago. So, Seattle should be able to trade him off for more than Dunn's value.