Re: 2021 Expansion Draft

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:35 pm So I'm not saying this will happen, but if things break a certain way, today might be the beginning of the end of the Doug Armstrong Era.

P,S, I'm drunk.
If it ends today...it was the best run we will ever get...I was looking back at the moves that brought all of the peices together...starting with the arrival of Boom Boom Gunnarson in 2014 all the way up to the final peice O'Reilly. Nobody saw it coming...Armstrong RKO'd Blues playoff failure.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:35 pm So I'm not saying this will happen, but if things break a certain way, today might be the beginning of the end of the Doug Armstrong Era.

P,S, I'm drunk.
Army knows what Seattle is doing guaranteed. I find it hard to believe that we are losing Dunn for nothing but that could happen. Does he have something worked out with Seattle? that remains to be be seen. Gut feeling tells me one of these is true
I feel like if he knows Seattle is taking Dunn...he would have traded Dunn for whatever pick he could get. Surely some team would have traded us an asset for Dunn even if it was just a 6th round pick. Based on that scenario, that makes me believe there is something worked out with Vladi and I'm guessing it's the 3 team theory here that makes it work.
3rd option - He's losing Dunn and is ok with it. I however would not be.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:32 pm

P,S, I'm drunk.
Army knows what Seattle is doing guaranteed. I find it hard to believe that we are losing Dunn for nothing but that could happen. Does he have something worked out with Seattle? that remains to be be seen. Gut feeling tells me one of these is true
I feel like if he knows Seattle is taking Dunn...he would have traded Dunn for whatever pick he could get. Surely some team would have traded us an asset for Dunn even if it was just a 6th round pick. Based on that scenario, that makes me believe there is something worked out with Vladi and I'm guessing it's the 3 team theory here that makes it work.
3rd option - He's losing Dunn and is ok with it. I however would not be.
Yeah, but why lose Dunn and Barbashev for pick instead of just Dunn/Barbashev for nothing? I guess you have to plug in a name besides Barbashev now. So Dunn and Tarasenko/Sanford/Blais for a pick. Maybe the Kraken work a deal with Schwartz and that's the pick. The Tarasenko thing is wild. Are teams just petrified of him? Is there a side deal? This is a lot more interesting than I thought it would be.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:25 am LOL Tampa is so good. Look at all those really good players they couldn't protect.
I just went over Tampa's list. Goddamn that team is stacked full of talent.

I wonder what the chances are the Kraken pass over Dunn and take either Mikkola or Walman.

Also, the Capital have left Ovechkin exposed. Would love to see Seattle take him just for the reactions.

I think the Kraken take Carey Price and I think he wants to go there to be close to home. How crazy is it that Jake Allen is protected over Price?

Buffalo protected Tage Thompson. That team is awful.

BillP. wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:35 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:18 pm

Screenshot_20210718-204207_Samsung Internet.jpg
WTF, I’m reading this like it’s going to be a 3 way trade and we’re going to get Voracek. That’s it? We’re just losing Tarasenko and getting nothing back?
It's not a 3 way trade, Blues would just be losing Tarasenko to Seattle. Seattle then flips him to Philly. I have no idea who this author is, but Voracek is old and expensive, doesn't seem like a move they'd make.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:46 pm
usmcaaron wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:18 pm

Screenshot_20210718-204207_Samsung Internet.jpg
WTF, I’m reading this like it’s going to be a 3 way trade and we’re going to get Voracek. That’s it? We’re just losing Tarasenko and getting nothing back?
It's not a 3 way trade, Blues would just be losing Tarasenko to Seattle. Seattle then flips him to Philly. I have no idea who this author is, but Voracek is old and expensive, doesn't seem like a move they'd make.
Dave Hakstol is the Kraken coach, so maybe he's got a soft spot for Voracek?

Either way, Frank Seravalli has the rumor as well.

usmcaaron wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:47 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:46 pm

Dave Hakstol is the Kraken coach, so maybe he's got a soft spot for Voracek?

Either way, Frank Seravalli has the rumor as well.

"for Jakub Voracek and a package of picks, notably a first round pick." Now that makes more sense.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:40 am I wonder how expensive it would be to get Seattle to agree to draft Scandella. Probably a lot more than it'd be worth.
Way more than it’s worth. Just let them take Tarasenko or Dunn and move forward. If they take Tarasenko we can trade Dunn or keep him. If they take Dunn we will have to find a taker for Vlad, just hope they take #91.