Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

BluesSK wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:53 pm Have the Blues ever had a good player who started and finished his career with the organization?

Found Brian Sutter. Anyone else?
Barc Plager? Believe he was still playing in the minors when Blues drafted him.
Thinking, but not sure, Bobby Plager had a few games with the Rangers before being traded to the Blues.
A sad outlier, but Bobby Gassoff spent his short career as a Blue.

barnburner wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:51 am
BluesSK wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:53 pm Have the Blues ever had a good player who started and finished his career with the organization?

Barc Plager? Believe he was still playing in the minors when Blues drafted him.
Thinking, but not sure, Bobby Plager had a few games with the Rangers before being traded to the Blues.
A sad outlier, but Bobby Gassoff spent his short career as a Blue.
Those two as well. 👍

I think players like that are a casualty of the "modern" NHL. Free agency changed all of that. You can't blame the guys for going for a big payday, but at some point it often doesn't make sense for the team. I can only think of a few guys in the NHL that this applies to. Ovechkin and Crosby come to mind, and I know there are others, but it is usually reserved for generational talent, something the Blues have never really had, other than perhaps Hull and he was acquired through trade.

New Rutherford / Pronman article:

In conversations the past few days with sources familiar with Tarasenko’s list, we’ve come up with five teams that could be trade possibilities: the New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Vegas Golden Knights, Boston Bruins and Philadelphia Flyers.

They based their analysis off of the Pacioretty & Trouba trades, and scaled back some. Without getting too much into Pronman & Rutherford's reasoning, here's their potential offers:

RANGERS - Potential trade package: Right winger Vitali Kravtsov and left-shot defenseman Libor Hajek

ISLANDERS - Potential trade package: Right-shot defenseman Noah Dobson, left winger Michael Dal Colle

VEGAS - Potential trade package: 2021 first-round pick, center Nicolas Roy

BOSTON - Potential trade package: 2021 first-round pick, center Trent Frederic

PHILLY - Potential trade package: Center Morgan Frost, right-shot defenseman Philippe Myers

Personally, I'd rank my preference:
1a) Boston
1b) Philly
3) Islanders
4) Rangers
5) Vegas

usmcaaron wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:44 am New Rutherford / Pronman article:

In conversations the past few days with sources familiar with Tarasenko’s list, we’ve come up with five teams that could be trade possibilities: the New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Vegas Golden Knights, Boston Bruins and Philadelphia Flyers.

They based their analysis off of the Pacioretty & Trouba trades, and scaled back some. Without getting too much into Pronman & Rutherford's reasoning, here's their potential offers:

RANGERS - Potential trade package: Right winger Vitali Kravtsov and left-shot defenseman Libor Hajek

ISLANDERS - Potential trade package: Right-shot defenseman Noah Dobson, left winger Michael Dal Colle

VEGAS - Potential trade package: 2021 first-round pick, center Nicolas Roy

BOSTON - Potential trade package: 2021 first-round pick, center Trent Frederic

PHILLY - Potential trade package: Center Morgan Frost, right-shot defenseman Philippe Myers

Personally, I'd rank my preference:
1a) Boston
1b) Philly
3) Islanders
4) Rangers
5) Vegas
Vegas definitely last ------ barf.......................I don't know how good Frederic will get, I'm kind of interested in either Noah Dobson or Morgan Frost.

I want to see us send Tarasenko and Dunn to Philly for Konecny and Gostisbehere (just to see Tim's head explode) or Tarasenko to Montreal for Drouin+. Vegas and Boston deals would be fine just getting the extra 1st and cap space. Frost was hurt all last season so buyer beware on him and Myers is just upgrading Bortz which shouldn't be a priority. I can't see the Isles taking on that much salary or trading Dobson, and Dal Colle has quickly gone from prospect to suspect. Kravtsov from the Rags would be interesting as I wonder if he might restore some of his value and actually become a 50 point guy getting away from the bright lights of Broadway.

MissouriMook wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:13 pm I want to see us send Tarasenko and Dunn to Philly for Konecny and Gostisbehere (just to see Tim's head explode) or Tarasenko to Montreal for Drouin+. Vegas and Boston deals would be fine just getting the extra 1st and cap space. Frost was hurt all last season so buyer beware on him and Myers is just upgrading Bortz which shouldn't be a priority. I can't see the Isles taking on that much salary or trading Dobson, and Dal Colle has quickly gone from prospect to suspect. Kravtsov from the Rags would be interesting as I wonder if he might restore some of his value and actually become a 50 point guy getting away from the bright lights of Broadway.
What's going on with Drouin? He's been on LTIR for "Personal Reasons" even through the Stanley Cup finals, and I think they said it was NOT substance abuse related. I wish him the best as a person, but I think he may be damaged goods as a player.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:05 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:39 pm Do it!

Who is Schenn going to fight against the Avs though?
They were discussing this on NHL radio yesterday and it was mentioned how some of the Blues could lobby Landeskog as they had personal relationships with him. They mentioned O'Reilly, who obviously has played with him, but the other name was Shenn. Do they have a relationship other than landing haymakers on each other in our Cup winning season. I remember that fight well, like 1 second into the game. Many have said it was the spark that turned the season around for us. Good memories. Maybe Shenn is offering the opportunity to duke it out in practice every now and then!!

Rivermanfan wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:22 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:05 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:39 pm Do it!

Who is Schenn going to fight against the Avs though?
They were discussing this on NHL radio yesterday and it was mentioned how some of the Blues could lobby Landeskog as they had personal relationships with him. They mentioned O'Reilly, who obviously has played with him, but the other name was Shenn. Do they have a relationship other than landing haymakers on each other in our Cup winning season. I remember that fight well, like 1 second into the game. Many have said it was the spark that turned the season around for us. Good memories. Maybe Shenn is offering the opportunity to duke it out in practice every now and then!!
Landeskog won the rematch in this year's playoffs. I've seen a number of rumors about the Blues making a push for Landeskog, but the big question is if they'll even have a chance. The Avs are going to have to give a big contract to Makar and have a lot of other work to do, but man it's hard to believe they wouldn't be able to find room for Landeskog. Of course everyone assumed the same thing about Pietrangelo last year too.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:58 am Also, what do we think about the Blues going after Ryan Suter now that he’s bought out? He isn’t what he used to be but he’s still got miles left and is, at the very least, a consistent performer who can defend.
I'm assuming he's an absolute locker room cancer, so pass. Parise sucks and makes sense to buy out. Suter isn't a great value, but he's probably about a $5M player this past season. You don't buy that player out at that contract and kill your team for 2 seasons not far down the road unless something is majorly wrong.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:58 am Also, what do we think about the Blues going after Ryan Suter now that he’s bought out? He isn’t what he used to be but he’s still got miles left and is, at the very least, a consistent performer who can defend.
Wow, he got bought out? He's still a darn good player. We need a thumper first like a Savard or Ristolainen, but however the D shakes out and if we need a lefty, he'd be a good get IMO at a bargain price.