Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:21 am
usmcaaron wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:44 am
I firmly because there will be multiple teams bidding for him, the Blues will have lots of leverage, and Army will get a nice return for him.

I also think Tarasenko will thrive where he ends up.
Not sure about the nice return part, but I agree w/ the bolded. I don't think his renaissance will last more than 3 or 4 seasons, but I expect him to burn white hot for a time.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:43 pm I’m I the only one not excited about the prospect of the Blues losing two elite, franchise players two off seasons in a row?

(Yes I know it’s been awhile since Tarasenko has been elite but still)
I'm much more concerned about Petro's loss than Tarasenko's at this point. We will wind up getting the forwards figured out just fine IMO. Thomas and Kyrou will both be big contributors going forward. What to do about getting the D back into the top portion of the league is tougher and might not even be possible in the near future.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:43 pm I’m I the only one not excited about the prospect of the Blues losing two elite, franchise players two off seasons in a row?

Players come and go. Personally...depending on when a player makes your lineup, I wouldn’t get keep any player for more than 7 years. Get 2-3 contracts and their best years out of them and move on. Now if a player makes your roster at 18, that’s a different story in terms of how long you keep them.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

You’re not. I have a feeling he’ll be performing great next year and the Blues will be struggling for goals. Especially if Hoffman goes too.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:21 am
usmcaaron wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:44 am
I firmly because there will be multiple teams bidding for him, the Blues will have lots of leverage, and Army will get a nice return for him.

I also think Tarasenko will thrive where he ends up.
Oshie, all over again. Once traded, he grows up, and starts giving a damn, but was never going to fulfil his potential here because he was but hurt that the C wasn't handed to him on a golden platter, and the coach actually expected him to fully use his talent.

barnburner wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:16 pm

I've been fed up with Tank's "When ever I feel like it," attitude for a long time. Jmo, but anybody who doesn't want to be here - hit the fucking door!
You're one of the Sutter brothers under the alias barnburner. I got you pegged ;)

BillP. wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:23 pm

I've been fed up with Tank's "When ever I feel like it," attitude for a long time. Jmo, but anybody who doesn't want to be here - hit the fucking door!
You're one of the Sutter brothers under the alias barnburner. I got you pegged ;)
Phrasing
Just a Russian propaganda account

LOL... No doubt, I am old school. 😃

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:48 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:32 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:19 am

And completely breaking the salary cap
If you are OK with not having the MVP from a couple years ago play the whole season, before jumping into the playoffs, go for it. Tampa didn't make the rules, they just are smart enough to use them to their advantage.
Yes, I’m okay with having a player sit out the regular season if it means getting to be 18 million over the cap. Who wouldn’t be? It’s just funny that Tampa was the team that cried foul when Chicago did it. Turns out they were just mad they didn’t think of it first.
Kane didn't sit out the whole year. Neither broke any rules, just had GMs and owners willing to spend the money they found in the couch cushions...just like the Blues and half of the rest of the league did this year. They just found less and spent it poorly.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

No, not happy about this at all. I'm upset at the Blues training and medical staff for their handling of Tarasenko's health and fitness regimen.

He may have a couple of decent seasons left in him but I don't think he's going to be a huge difference maker going forward.

This is a completely different situation from Petro.

barnburner wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:06 pm

Barnburner, could you imagine Brian Sutter as the captain and how he would deal with Tarasenko’s apparent attitude issues? That would be entertaining!

Matangama wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:22 am

Barnburner, could you imagine Brian Sutter as the captain and how he would deal with Tarasenko’s apparent attitude issues? That would be entertaining!
I had heard they had to hold Sutter back in the shower as he was trying to get at Momesso. You know how fuckn big Momesso is :lol: And this was when he was the head coach.

Brian Sutter, Barc Plager, or even Big Walt.
His attitude has been allowed to fester for far too long.

barnburner wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:15 am

Brian Sutter, Barc Plager, or even Big Walt.
His attitude has been allowed to fester for far too long.
Yup, no bad attitudes in those guys eras, that's why there are so many Cup banners hanging at Scottrade.

The last time he was healthy he was elite. He was great during that Cup run. He wasn't a dominant 2 way guy by any means, but he gave a crap defensively, which is half the battle for snipers on the wing (see Hoffman, Mike for an example of not giving a crap defensively). Look no further than the Game 7 GWG. Everyone remembers Petro's great finish and Schwartz making a pair of great hustle plays exiting the zone and entering the Bruins end, but that play started with a diving Tarasenko shot block*.

At the same time, getting boo-boo faced about not getting the C when he'd been away from the team for 10 months or whatever it was isn't exactly captain behavior. I get him being pissed about how things went with the shoulder surgeries. We were all pretty pissed about how Fabbri's knee recovery went, so I understand player skepticism.

Anyway, I have no idea what the return will look like, or what kind of package Armstrong is looking for. He tends to make out well in trades, but there are so many factors at play I'd believe a wide range of outcomes.

*All 3 of those might be gone by opening night. Wouldn't have thought that 2 years ago.