Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

ratonmono wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:22 am What the fuck is it with stl team medical staffs?

Also. Nothing to do with Tarasenko but we really need to tear this team down and rebuild. OReilly won’t like it but it’s necessary.
I don't really agree with the break it down and rebuild idea. Bozak, Schwartz, Hoffman, and at least some of Tanks money will be off the books.
Perron, ROR, Schenn, Thomas, Kyrou, Krug, Faulk, Binner is a really good core to build around.
With the right moves and some hopeful further development from Kyrou and Thomas, they can still put out a hell of a team.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:56 am
ratonmono wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:22 am What the fuck is it with stl team medical staffs?

Also. Nothing to do with Tarasenko but we really need to tear this team down and rebuild. OReilly won’t like it but it’s necessary.
I don't really agree with the break it down and rebuild idea. Bozak, Schwartz, Hoffman, and at least some of Tanks money will be off the books.
Perron, ROR, Schenn, Thomas, Kyrou, Krug, Faulk, Binner is a really good core to build around.
With the right moves and some hopeful further development from Kyrou and Thomas, they can still put out a hell of a team.
I don’t think that’s a great core at all. ROR certainly is. The others are just good players, lots of teams have much better.

ratonmono wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:02 am

I don’t think that’s a great core at all. ROR certainly is. The others are just good players, lots of teams have much better.
The Blues don't have elite players. They have to win the same way they won in 2019. Have a shit ton of depth, be healthy, and a hot goalie.
With cap flexibility and that core they absolutely can build a team deep enough to win a cup. That's not saying the stars will align, though, or that the pieces will be there.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:10 pm

The Blues don't have elite players. They have to win the same way they won in 2019. Have a shit ton of depth, be healthy, and a hot goalie.
With cap flexibility and that core they absolutely can build a team deep enough to win a cup. That's not saying the stars will align, though, or that the pieces will be there.
Listen to Matty. He was the ONLY one and I mean ONLY one that stood by the Blues during their Cup year. When the team sucked and we all said blow it up and Lose for Hughes, Matty was the only guy that never gave up on the team. He was there from beginning to end. Dude got rewarded for his faith.

Any by the way, how is Hughes looking these days? Doesn't seem worth losing for now :)

They could. I do like that we’re going to see an overhaul. I just hope the cap space isn’t given out to a bunch of Krug type contracts to players that aren’t going to be worth the dough.

BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Listen to Matty. He was the ONLY one and I mean ONLY one that stood by the Blues during their Cup year. When the team sucked and we all said blow it up and Lose for Hughes, Matty was the only guy that never gave up on the team. He was there from beginning to end. Dude got rewarded for his faith.

Any by the way, how is Hughes looking these days? Doesn't seem worth losing for now :)
I hate rebuilds to be honest. On the surface, it seems so simple to trade everyone for picks, get young promising players, and grow into a winner. But young players are gambles. How many years did we watch the Rams have high picks and grab bust after bust. Pure rebuilds don't have a very good success rate.
KA-KAW!

BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:51 pmListen to Matty. He was the ONLY one and I mean ONLY one that stood by the Blues during their Cup year. When the team sucked and we all said blow it up and Lose for Hughes, Matty was the only guy that never gave up on the team. He was there from beginning to end. Dude got rewarded for his faith. ...
Hold back a bit of that faith talk, as MattyI' will now have to wait an extra year for the return to play of his precious BattleHawks. THAT will be his next test of loyalty.

I'm not happy to see Tarasenko leave, at all. Outside of Brett Hull, he's been my favorite Blues player. But I get why he may be ready to move on, and why the team will probably grant his wish. I will always wish him well and hope he makes it to the HOF...partly because that will increase the value of the KHL autographed jersey I got of his back in 2010 ;) and because he helped us win the SC. Anyone who says 'fuck Tarasenko' (or Petro or any other Blues player from 18/19 for that matter) really must also hate the Blues Cup win. Players leave all the time, doesn't mean we have to be dicks or bitches about it. /

And this will be a weird off-season, as we all know. Between the expansion draft fodder, we have Tarasenko, Schwartz, Bozak, and several other long-time Blues that we have watched for the last few or more years will most likely be gone. I don't have a lot of hope that we will be SC contenders next season, but hopefully within a couple of years we'll be back up. We really, really need to get some faster and tougher talent. Hate on my local team all you like, but the Lightning have been consistent in showing the way. I don't think their personnel decisions from top to bottom is a fad, but a true way to succeed in the NHL as a contender. Hopefully the Blues ownership and management see that and embrace it.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:51 pmListen to Matty. He was the ONLY one and I mean ONLY one that stood by the Blues during their Cup year. When the team sucked and we all said blow it up and Lose for Hughes, Matty was the only guy that never gave up on the team. He was there from beginning to end. Dude got rewarded for his faith. ...
Hold back a bit of that faith talk, as MattyI' will now have to wait an extra year for the return to play of his precious BattleHawks. THAT will be his next test of loyalty.
Props to you for remembering his affinity for both the BattleHawks and XFL 👍🏻

BillP. wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:16 am
The "KA-KAW!" in his signature block gives him away every time.

bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:25 pm I'm not happy to see Tarasenko leave, at all. Outside of Brett Hull, he's been my favorite Blues player. But I get why he may be ready to move on, and why the team will probably grant his wish. I will always wish him well and hope he makes it to the HOF...partly because that will increase the value of the KHL autographed jersey I got of his back in 2010 ;) and because he helped us win the SC. Anyone who says 'fuck Tarasenko' (or Petro or any other Blues player from 18/19 for that matter) really must also hate the Blues Cup win. Players leave all the time, doesn't mean we have to be dicks or bitches about it. /

And this will be a weird off-season, as we all know. Between the expansion draft fodder, we have Tarasenko, Schwartz, Bozak, and several other long-time Blues that we have watched for the last few or more years will most likely be gone. I don't have a lot of hope that we will be SC contenders next season, but hopefully within a couple of years we'll be back up. We really, really need to get some faster and tougher talent. Hate on my local team all you like, but the Lightning have been consistent in showing the way. I don't think their personnel decisions from top to bottom is a fad, but a true way to succeed in the NHL as a contender. Hopefully the Blues ownership and management see that and embrace it.
Tampa is where they are for one big reason...their ability to scout players and go against the norm which Yzerman deserves a lot of credit for. Granted it helps having a couple of high picks but their ability to find and develop players is tops in the league. They’ve got about 6 kids that can’t even really crack a regular spot in that lineup so they just patiently develop them in the minors until they are needed. What team did that better than anybody years ago? The Detroit Red Wings.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:01 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:25 pm I'm not happy to see Tarasenko leave, at all. Outside of Brett Hull, he's been my favorite Blues player. But I get why he may be ready to move on, and why the team will probably grant his wish. I will always wish him well and hope he makes it to the HOF...partly because that will increase the value of the KHL autographed jersey I got of his back in 2010 ;) and because he helped us win the SC. Anyone who says 'fuck Tarasenko' (or Petro or any other Blues player from 18/19 for that matter) really must also hate the Blues Cup win. Players leave all the time, doesn't mean we have to be dicks or bitches about it. /

Tampa is where they are for one big reason...their ability to scout players and go against the norm which Yzerman deserves a lot of credit for. Granted it helps having a couple of high picks but their ability to find and develop players is tops in the league. They’ve got about 6 kids that can’t even really crack a regular spot in that lineup so they just patiently develop them in the minors until they are needed. What team did that better than anybody years ago? The Detroit Red Wings.
And completely breaking the salary cap
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:19 am

They didn’t do anything that another team couldn’t do. They used the system as it was designed. Does it need tweaking, probably, but they didn’t break any rules. They’ve probably got 4-5 HOF’ers on the team when all is said and done. They’re just good.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

If you are OK with not having the MVP from a couple years ago play the whole season, before jumping into the playoffs, go for it. Tampa didn't make the rules, they just are smart enough to use them to their advantage.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:32 am

If you are OK with not having the MVP from a couple years ago play the whole season, before jumping into the playoffs, go for it. Tampa didn't make the rules, they just are smart enough to use them to their advantage.
Yes, I’m okay with having a player sit out the regular season if it means getting to be 18 million over the cap. Who wouldn’t be? It’s just funny that Tampa was the team that cried foul when Chicago did it. Turns out they were just mad they didn’t think of it first.
Just a Russian propaganda account

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:55 am
One day the Battlehawks will fly again!
I know this is completely off of the topic of this thread but going to those games was insanely fun. I really do wish that season wouldn't have been cut short.
KA-KAW!

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:55 am
Oh - ha ha. Didn't think of that. :lol: