Re: 2021 Playoff Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:50 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:25 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:01 am Rumour is Torey Krug feels he is a wrong fit here or someone thinks he is the wrong fit here and the flames are losing giordano to the kraken.

Tank/krug for tkachuk and get seth jones?
He is...no Chara here to do all the defending while he skates around and his helmet falls off.
Kind of sad the Blues don’t have a defenseman to.....”do all the defending”
We had Parayko...but he is beat up and out of comission. After him...it gets thin quick, which isn't a surprise considering in 2019 the Blues depth started with two gold medal defensemen, and then they died. Krug is suffering from some Eric Brewer syndrome too.

Re: Blues Offseason Roster Moves/Speculation Thread

I think that right now Faulk is the best D we have. Parayko has the potential to return to that form and make a nice top pair, but it remains to be seen if he can do it for a full season. I think a well utilized Krug can work at the 2nd pair if he gets a good stay at home guy to pair with. He is definitely can help with our transition game out of our own end. I'd like to see Walman get a shot on the 3rd pair perhaps with a rotating partner like Bortz or Scandella. Dunn is expendable as Walman has a very similar skill set. If we could get a solid stay at home guy with some offensive upside to go with Krug, I think that could work. There are always injuries so the young guys (Mikkola, Renkie, etc) can fill in and ride the AHL bus. It's a plan, time will tell if it's a good one.

The more I think about it, the more I think something big will happen this off-season. No way Army looks at last years team and thinks "it was good enough if we just caught a break or two." I think he's smart enough to see the flaws on the team and he's certainly aggressive enough to make a big move.

What I also know is, when it happens, it'll probably be a complete surprise move. Seems to be his m.o. There's no leaks coming out of that front office.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:26 am The more I think about it, the more I think something big will happen this off-season. No way Army looks at last years team and thinks "it was good enough if we just caught a break or two." I think he's smart enough to see the flaws on the team and he's certainly aggressive enough to make a big move.

What I also know is, when it happens, it'll probably be a complete surprise move. Seems to be his m.o. There's no leaks coming out of that front office.
Yeah, if they're talking about moving Tarasenko, they're going to have sooooo much cap space. While some have griped about Krug, I think the deal that looks the worst on the blue line right now is Scandella's. Yes, it's shorter and cheaper (3 more years at $3.275M), but boy was he brutal last year in hindsight. If he was just a byproduct of being paired with a healthy Parayko, wouldn't you rather try to move him and keep Dunn?

I don't know what moves they end up making, but I bet they're having conversations about a lot of fairly transformative moves.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:26 am The more I think about it, the more I think something big will happen this off-season. No way Army looks at last years team and thinks "it was good enough if we just caught a break or two." I think he's smart enough to see the flaws on the team and he's certainly aggressive enough to make a big move.

Yeah, Blues at crossroads. It'll be interesting to see what opportunities he can jump at. I'm sure he wants to right the ship and at the same time get productive assets that are young and can be added to the core going forward. Won't be easy but after what he's done recently who can doubt him? I sure hope he's aggressive this off season.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:01 pm Adios you moody Russian
To be fair, according to the article, the Blues nearly ruined his career by not only botching his shoulder surgery once, but twice. Even having him come back when he was still complaining of an issue. It wasn’t until he had his third surgery from outside the organization they discovered the Blues doctor never fixed the nerve issue.

I’d probably be a bit moody too.
Just a Russian propaganda account

The nerve of that Blues Doctor……….ba da dum tss

He’s not the same guy anyway even if he comes back healthy. Blues ended up putting him at the bumper position in middle on PP. He’s not a game breaker anymore. Question is, what can the Blues get for him now? The fact that he opened his mouth now probably doesn’t help Army in terms of leverage.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:48 pm
To be fair, according to the article, the Blues nearly ruined his career by not only botching his shoulder surgery once, but twice. Even having him come back when he was still complaining of an issue. It wasn’t until he had his third surgery from outside the organization they discovered the Blues doctor never fixed the nerve issue.

Its almost like the Blues are some kind of ...business and they are putting profits ahead of people. You can't have all of these new fans not seeing Tarasenko...they might go back to doing Tik Tok videos instead of watching hockey.

I don’t put much stock into those reports. He wants out, his agent is trying to make sure Army moves him.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:27 am

I don’t put much stock into those reports. He wants out, his agent is trying to make sure Army moves him.
Anything that comes from the Athletic is usually from an agent trying to put a spin on a situation. I'm with you. This basically just means he is as good as gone. Which is fine. We got the best years out of him at a decent price until he was hurt.
KA-KAW!