Re: Hoping For Changes...Whom do you keep?

I keep Backes (on RW) and Steen, and have them round out a top 6 of Stastny, Tarasenko, Schwartz and Lehtera.

I trade Berglund, Ott and Oshie for physical top #4 defensive help, and picks.

I keep Jay (as IMO he just couldn't pivot or get to full stride, so he was hurting), and have Shatty paired with him on our top pairing. Keep Bortz and Bomber.

I trade Petro for that young scoring line center who can push both Lehtera and Stastny, and stick him between Jaskin and Fabbri.

Let Jax and all other UFA's walk.

Hockey Pete wrote:
Battra wrote:
Hockey Pete wrote:Wow, this place is starting to look like Blues talk...
Give it a couple days and I think you'll see level heads return.

Many of us are pretty bummed.
You're right. As other posters have said, at least the conversation is civil, and we all truly care about our team.
I'm pretty much over the loss and disappointment.

But it's interesting to me to think about who'll be here next year.

I'll bet my button Oshie is traded.

In the wings are Fabbri and Barbeshev. They offer speed and skill. Not sure either will be ready to contribute next season. Bouw had a tough season, still wonder if he was healthy. Need much more from him than he offered this past season and playoffs. Interested to here what others think of the three veteran D Men. They blocked shots but offer little in the way of offense. Lindbolm provides some offense and size. Don't know if Edmundson or Parayko will be ready. Parayko also offers some offense and size. Edmundson little offense but size and toughness. It is easier to replace the coach than change the roster. Not sure if Rattie has a place on the team. Bortuzzo an option. Surprised to hear Elliott may want out.
If a new coach hopefully one that will give the players more offensive freedom. Like Reaves on the checking line, would like to see Sobotka back centering the checking line. Not a big fan of Otts. I would like to see a bit of offense from the checking line besides the ability to bang.

I'm for getting younger , faster, and hungrier. Some of these guys have a lot of hard miles on them and cant transition to the faster pace, on a regular basis. To get younger, probably means not re-signing Hitch, as he will tend to want a veteran bunch. A few vets are ok, but to keep up with whats going on in the league, these days, you need to think younger, faster, and hungrier. When J.D. started this rebuild, he never planned to hang on to these guys forever....I remember him saying that we shouldn't get too attached to them. This bunch of trending downward in all three categories. Time to move ahead.