Re: Army/Hitch Press Conference

BluesSK wrote:
Man in the box wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:Army says club has to evaluate what type of players they are bringing into the fold.
Jesus, thanks Captain Obvious. You mean you weren't doing that before?
How about evaluating the players that are already in the fold.
Oh I think that evaluation is already complete. My God I hope he's not referring to Stastny, because those are his fingerprints all over that contract.

Just an all around weak statement if you ask me.

Man in the box wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:Army wants Bortuzzo back. Gee, thats good at least

And apparently he didn't play because he was injured
Bort didn't play because it's too difficult to jump back in after injury? Didn't Steen and Tarasenko jump back in after injury? Friggin' hell Hitch.
They could have thrown out a cow carcass and it would have had a better series than Gunnarsson.

Yeah, it wasn't that Bort was still hurt, it was that Hitch didn't feel comfortable throwing him back into the line-up after being hurt.

Bort wasn't going to be the difference in this series as he wasn't going to score the goals the rest of the team wasn't. However, the stupidity of that statement alone is why I have no interest in seeing Hitch here again.

Man in the box wrote:
UMSLBlues12 wrote:Says goalie tandem will be Allen/Elliott next year....thus confirming the goalie wars will never end!
Right, until they get a call from Elliott's agent. I can't imagine for the life of me why he would want to be here.
The only thing I can come up with is that this team with Hitch's system resurrected his career. You're right though, he has not been given a fair shake in the playoffs.