Re: Blues/Avs GDT Apr. 7th Game # 39

Kyrou fans on a scoring chance. The Blues are skating hard and shooting well. O'Reilly gets a nice tip as the siren sounds. A good 1st Period. The Blues could have been leading 4 or 5 -0 if things would have gone a little better. Tarasenko has more oomph in his shots now than earlier this season. But, he still looks like an old man on some plays. Same with Schwartz and Parayko. Parayko must be trying to be careful to avoid straining his back muscles. And Schwartz seems to have lost the ability to finish. In my 70+ years of watching hockey, and 27 of playing, I've seen older players lose physical ability - speed, quickness of reflexes and reacting, but I can't remember any losing skill.

This is really a sloppy game. It's not the game I remember. Almost no one on either team can keep the puck on his stick for longer than a second or two. there's almost immediate pressure from the defence, and both teams seem to be panicking and making bad plays. They are hesitating too long, and it wipes away the chance to make a play (solid pass, shot, or initiate their own move around the defender.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:29 pm
Robb_K wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 pm... A good 1st Period. The Blues could have been leading 4 or 5 -0 if things would have gone a little better. ...
Hey, Robb, have the fantasy Blues games in your head ever ended with scores that didn't involve double digits? ;)
I think I'm fair and unbiased. Just as many times, I say that, The Blues, (when down 2 or 3 to nothing), are "lucky to not be down by 5 or 6 or 7 goals" when they've been playing terribly.