Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Anaheim Ducks - 4:00 3/28

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:49 pm
insideout wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:44 pm They're less than 2 years removed from winning the Cup. I knew they weren't going to be great forever, but I didn't think they'd fall back to mediocracy this fast.
Until they are playing in front of fans, games do not count
So, they'll be defending champions when the fans come back? I can get on board with that.

Didn't get to watch much of the game, basically just saw Tarasenko's goal, then OT. The good news was Tarasenko's goal was the one-timer we've been begging him to develop for years. The OT was...less fun.

Just looking at the roster, I wonder if this team is suffering from "easy-to-play-againstitis". Maybe, maybe not. Either way, there are a number of issues with the club right now, and unfortunately I don't see any reason why the back half of the schedule isn't going to eat them up.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:42 am Didn't get to watch much of the game, basically just saw Tarasenko's goal, then OT. The good news was Tarasenko's goal was the one-timer we've been begging him to develop for years. The OT was...less fun.

Just looking at the roster, I wonder if this team is suffering from "easy-to-play-againstitis". Maybe, maybe not. Either way, there are a number of issues with the club right now, and unfortunately I don't see any reason why the back half of the schedule isn't going to eat them up.
This club has a handful of players from their cup run and a bunch of guys who had enough equipment to play.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:53 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:47 am Just let me know when I’m allowed to criticize the coach. It’s been too long since I’ve blamed a coach for not being able to motivate his players.
I think Berube needs to get into a fight with the whole team....at the same time.

dd45d183ef61814b96879774c84f1d52.gif
He seems to have lost his fastball as well.

BillP. wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:05 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:47 am Just let me know when I’m allowed to criticize the coach. It’s been too long since I’ve blamed a coach for not being able to motivate his players.
I do think Larry Robinson was a bigger part of that Cup run than given credit for. Just sayin.........
Love it! Get his ass, Bill!

Yeo conserved the teams energy in the regular season so they'd be strong for a playoff run. All Chief did was talk to people in the pisser and cuss a lot which is a common trait of a drunk person. People are saying chief has a drinking problem
Just a Russian propaganda account

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:13 am
insideout wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:44 pm They're less than 2 years removed from winning the Cup. I knew they weren't going to be great forever, but I didn't think they'd fall back to mediocracy this fast.
Too much turnover in personnel. This isn't the team that won the cup.
I don't know, when you look at the team they dressed for Game 7, the turnover basically looks like this:

D: Pietrangelo/Edmundson/Bouwmeester -> Krug/Scandella/Faulk
O: Maroon/Steen -> Hoffman/Kyrou
G: Allen -> Husso

To me the drop in their level of play has been much sharper than the drop in talent.

insideout wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:33 pm
I don't know, when you look at the team they dressed for Game 7, the turnover basically looks like this:

To me the drop in their level of play has been much sharper than the drop in talent.
There's a lot of sandpaper gone from that cup winner to today's team.

Bouwmeester (6'4"), Pietrangelo (6'3"), Edmundson (6'4")...Krug (5'9"), Faulk (6'), Scandella (6'3")...also...seems like Parayko is out indefnitly...that is practically the whole defense from 2019....and transition game. Maroon was a huge part of why the Blues had success in the playoffs. Every time they needed to get the puck out...the big rig lugged it into the other end...he made that third line a force to be reckoned with. The fourth line was also a big contributor to the success...they're gone. If O'Reilly and Schenn weren't so damn good this team would be bucking for last place.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:04 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:59 pm Y’all can list all the names you want who have come and gone but it’s pretty damn simple...This team went into the shit can this year the day Barbashev went down. It’s only been exacerbated by the lose of Sunny D.

THOSE are the types of players you don’t replace.
Barbs is one of many sandpaper guys that's missing.
They’ve lost 12 of 18 since he got hurt. Most underrated player on this roster
Just a Russian propaganda account

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:06 pm

There's a lot of sandpaper gone from that cup winner to today's team.
This ,yup.

Binnington is not playing at a high level. That roster doesn’t win shit without big time goaltending and that’s what they got. He’s average now. Goaltending can uplift a team. We saw that. And we’re not getting that now. Not that this team is as good as Cup team, but it shouldn’t be on Kings/Coyotes level.

BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:02 am

Binnington is not playing at a high level. That roster doesn’t win shit without big time goaltending and that’s what they got. He’s average now. Goaltending can uplift a team. We saw that. And we’re not getting that now. Not that this team is as good as Cup team, but it shouldn’t be on Kings/Coyotes level.
Definitely average. He hasn't put the team on his back for one game since the Cup run.